Avtex TV with Sky box.

theparkersat30

Hi everybody

I have an Avtex W153D TV and a Sky box. The sky controller has never been able operate the volume and I was told by Avtex that the problem was the sky controller and that I needed a "Revision 9" controller.

Got one and did the inputting to the tv with code 2446 but - Nothing.

Has anybody out there got an Avtex w153D with Sky and knows how to overcome this problem.

Thanks in anticipation.

Richard

Found it - this is 'blink back' I referred to above. I can't guarantee it will work for you but it has for me, twice. (Found on the Sky website)

On your Sky remote, press tv, then press select and red together until the LED on the remote control flashes twice. Press 9 9 0. Then press 1 followed by 2, 3 and then 4 and count how many times the LED on the remote flashes. i.e. press 1 – count how many times the LED flashes, then press 2 and count how many times the LED flashes, press 3 and count, press 4 and count. This will give you the four digit code you need. Take your remote and press tv, then press select and red together until the LED flashes twice. Enter the four digit code and check that the remote works your TV by changing the volume by pressing the vol+/- keys.

Arthur B-)

Archived