leaky sink Hymer 522

Jasper

I've got a leaky kitchen sink that drips into the cutlery draw underneath. It seems to leak from the drain trap and I need to take out the draw to have a look. Can anyone tell me if there is an easy way to remove the draw? It's a bit of a puzzle to me at the moment.

Many thanks

Jasper

Guest pelmetman

I reckon you will find the drain pipe from the cooker hob to the sink has split, well thats what happened to my old mans Hymer when we drove him back from Spain, seem to recall I just cut the pipe and used one of those expanding wine stoppers to seal it :D

As for taking out the draw I dont recall any problem removing it (?) Its not the usual problem with cuttlery draws something sticking up at the back :D

Thanks for your replies. It definitely appears to be the circular trap under the plughole. I can get my hand to it and can feel where the water is but can't get to look at it properly or remove it for inspection without taking the draw out.

Jasper

hi jasper,

havent got your type of MH...but i would think that when the drawer opens, you either if on rollers, lift the drawer upwards,then the rollers disengage and you pull the drawer out...or when it opens put your hands either side down the tracks and there will be 2 push things on the side that you push in then the drawer pulls out...apologies if you have all ready tried this..but then it lets other posters know :-D

jonathan

If the draw runners are the same as mine you pull the draw out and in the runner there is a plastic clip on each side, if you push the clip up or down (can't remember which way) it will release the inner runner from the outer. You have to fiddle about a bit as the clips are quite springy and there is no definite indication you have released them.

Hi the way to remove the drawer on the 522 is sit on the floor pull out the drawer push the 2 plastic clips on the runners and lift up drawer. I had the same problem as you with a water leak and had to renew the sink trap, its quite easy once the drawer is removed, I got the sink trap from Hymer UK quite resonably priced Kind regards Graham

hygra - 2011-02-25 9:22 AM

Hi the way to remove the drawer on the 522 is sit on the floor pull out the drawer push the 2 plastic clips on the runners and lift up drawer. I had the same problem as you with a water leak and had to renew the sink trap, its quite easy once the drawer is removed, I got the sink trap from Hymer UK quite resonably priced Kind regards Graham

Have a look at the seals around the sink where it joins the work surface. We have a double sink in our Hymer S700 and had this problem of water in the draw. We did all sorts with the pipes and then noticed water lying between the two sinks. The worktop had bevelled down.

We put clear silicon under the rubber and that cured the problem.

John

My 522 had a few drops of water in the cutlery drawer.

I had to:- take out the sink, which was siliconed in with something very difficult to cut through, remove the tap after undoing the big nut, and then tighten the hose clips.

Then put it all back together!

The sink waste has a removable bottom, twist and pull and it comes off, there is a rubber sealing disc in there that can perish and crack. Also make sure there is no crud preventing a seal.

To take the trap off just undo the screw in the middle and pull the waste pipe off.

H

France , Spain, Portugal and Morocco tomorrow wheee!

hallii - 2011-02-25 2:46 PM

My 522 had a few drops of water in the cutlery drawer.

I had to:- take out the sink, which was siliconed in with something very difficult to cut through, remove the tap after undoing the big nut, and then tighten the hose clips.

Then put it all back together!

The sink waste has a removable bottom, twist and pull and it comes off, there is a rubber sealing disc in there that can perish and crack. Also make sure there is no crud preventing a seal.

To take the trap off just undo the screw in the middle and pull the waste pipe off.

H

France , Spain, Portugal and Morocco tomorrow wheee!

Sorry, the waste trap doesn't have the centre screw, it's a screw on collar underneath.

H

Archived