mudflaps

johnsue

Hi all I haven't seen any motorhomes coach built with mudflaps fitted, is there a good reason? Just thought would be a help in keeping clean this time of year. When arriving on sites cab doors and side skirts are always filthy .

Appreciate if you guys and girls have any comments on the use of mudflaps. *-)

Hi,

I fitted the genuine Fiat mudflaps to the front and yes they do keep some mud off but not spray. The start of the coach built still gets plenty of spray.

Van is a Chausson Flash S2.

I was pleased I only paid £15 fot them, Fiats list price is nearer £70, but Discover had a sale at Lincoln show selling all sorts of stuff and this was their price.

Regards

Stewart

I just bought a pair of plain universal flaps from Halfords for our previous X250 peugeot(..the sort that clamped to the wheel arch edge).

They did help a fair bit but you still got some mud on the front edge of the extended bodywork..

I want to fit some to our current van but we can't use the clamp-on type on our current Renault though,as the wheel arches have plastic inner liners(..and I don't really want to be drilling or cutting anything :-S )

I've also made some rear flaps out of rubber door mats..and they DO stop all the mud 'n' cack coating the underside of the van and from clogging up the rear steadies.. ;-)

Converters don,t fit them because they cost money!

If you have a largish coachbuilt then visit any commercial vehicle bodyshop who will have a grand selection. Its also usefull fitting a mudflap just in front of steps or bulk gas tanks.

C.

Hi John & Sue,

We fitted some of the 'astro turf' type door mats that you see for sale at various garden centres and hardware shops. They are very similar in style to the spray suppression type suggested, but a lot cheaper!

We also have a full width brush skirt at the back to protect the car whilst it's being towed.

Cheers,

John & Anne.

Thanks all for the info.

As I am not a hands on guy & would have to go to a Fiat garage or an independent to have them fitted, from info. you have provided not sure if it is worth the expense.

Maybe the 2 of us will just go round with bucket & brush as we do now to clean spray !!!!

*-)

art338 - 2011-02-27 3:41 PM

Don't do much cleaning either, certainly not on a site like some do.

art

I occasionally clean our van on site Art. I don't go over the top with hosepipe and buckets, just a wipe down. I certainly wouldn't attempt it if it caused any degree of interference in someone elses holiday enjoyment. And yes I'd ask if we had near neighbours before starting.

Do you want to know why I do it?

Allow me to tell you, I hold a very stressfull professional position and 15 mins with a sponge and/or leather relaxes me and winds me down. Seriously.

Diversity at it's finest. Embrace it, it's good. Honestly 8-)

Martyn

Well I paid for mudflaps to be fitted and they have protected the front doors and underside nicely. The rear wheels are protected by a standard Peugeot fit from new and do a good job too.

Personally speaking when we invested £29000 8 years ago, £60 for 2 fitted Peugeot mudflaps was a no brainer to me.

If that helps you make your decision, happy days.

Martyn

Archived