My nightmare is almost over

Mickydripin

Hi to everyone that knows me and to thoes that dont I am about to come out of a very very long tunnel after a long drawn out court case, solicitors,ect.

To thoes that dont know I am about to pick up on the first of March a new motorhome :-D :-) :-) in exchange for the defective one that I was sold in 2007.

Should there be anyone out there that knows who the dealer is that sold me the motorhome please keep it to yourselves as the dealer says they are taking court action against the dealer that sold it to them and I have had to sign a gagging order to that effect should I be able in the future to name and shame I will do

I will take a Photo of me on collection and put it on this site if I can find out how to do it.

Thanks once again for all the help that I have received from certain members on this forum for whome I am in there debt for the excellent advice during thoes long years of worry that my wife and myself have had to endure and should I meet any of you on my travels there will be a big drink waiting for you

Thanks to you all Mike and Geraldine

At last some sort of end is in sight thanks to your patience and even tenacity at not being fobbed of by the "Dealer in Question"..I look forward to seeing the pics of the new van..Now is it a "BRAND NEW VAN" or just a new van (ie) previously owned??

Best of luck with it..Hope it hasn't put you off Motorhoming!!

Nice to hear its at an end for you Mike,  make sure you go over your Newie with a fine tooth-comb, and well done for the result it means there is now a president for consumers to take dealers to court with a chance of winning no matter how slim a chance,   enjoy you New Motorhome you have waited and worked hard for it   ,  safe journey,s

Yes mondo it is a brand new van to replace the new van that I previousley brought but it does worry me a bit with all the press you read about fuel prices and weather we will be able to use it as much as we would have done over three years ago if fuel goes in to the £2 a litre job.

Mike.

Corky 8 - 2011-02-25 6:51 PM

Nice to hear its at an end for you Mike,  make sure you go over your Newie with a fine tooth-comb, and well done for the result it means there is now a president for consumers to take dealers to court with a chance of winning no matter how slim a chance,   enjoy you New Motorhome you have waited and worked hard for it   ,  safe journey,s

yes Corky I would advise others to go for it if they think they are in the right and yes we can sleep much better now we are looking forward to our first trip up the lakes to test the van and yes I will go over it with a fine tooth comb before leaving there yard.

Well done Mike,

Sticking up for your rights can be a painful & worrying process, but you have enjured this problem for too long.

Despite the Legal position, the "Dealer" should have resolved the difficulty without causing you such distress & their reputation could have been enhanced, instead of tarnished.

Now take the opportunity to get out & ENJOY your new M/H.

Slightly puzzled, if it's been a court case why a gagging order? or have they caved in at last moment and not gone to court?

We are at last coming to an end of a 14year problem with solicitors, for 9 years of this we where in dispute with them. gf was in tears a few weeks ago as it seemed they where going to renage on a deal, but as I told them, I'm not cared if their insurance will reemburse them or not, we will have our pound of flesh.

Mike,

I know we don't know each other, but I have been trying to follow your nightmare via the various posts that have appeared on this forum, and all I can say is that you and yours have my utmost respect for sticking with it for all this time and seeing it through to the end.

I hope we meet one day on your travels - who knows?

But please now enjoy the peace, freedom and tranquility that motorhoming can bring. We wish you many happy trips and adventures in your new pride and joy!

My moto is: 'One Life Live It'

Best wishes,

John & Anne :-) :-D

Hi Colin

Read my post it tells you why there is a gagging order on me

The court date was set they caved about a week before and agreed to replace the van and pay costs I thought ours was bad enough but for you it must also be a nightmare fourteen years Good God I would have strung myself up before that, it came close.

Good luck to you and all the best. Mike

Archived