Hebden Bridge CL

LordThornber

Hi yes we have used this CL several times and very nice it is too. Fantastic views from the site and a very welcoming pub just five minutes walk away.

Very steep downhill walk into hebden bridge but there is a bus service if you want the easy way. Reccomended.

Regards Tim

ips - 2011-03-01 3:39 PM

Martyn

Let us no how you get on as I may be interested in this site but only if its walking distance of town and a decent restaurant.

I understand it's 1.7 mile to town, (which is fine for us), whether we'll find the shortest route is another matter....

Martyn

Hi, Beware, the shortest walk down into Hebden Bridge is very steep, it is down a series of ginnels, it is very intresting as you are walking past the former houses of many mill workers. Threre is a bus service which will take you both ways, stops about 1/4 mile from the site.

Regards Tim

timofleeds - 2011-03-02 2:22 PM

Hi, Beware, the shortest walk down into Hebden Bridge is very steep, it is down a series of ginnels, it is very interesting as you are walking past the former houses of many mill workers. Threre is a bus service which will take you both ways, stops about 1/4 mile from the site.

Regards Tim

Unless you come from the North you probably won't know what a ginnel is, but Martin will.

Randonneur - 2011-03-02 2:18 PM

Hi, Beware, the shortest walk down into Hebden Bridge is very steep, it is down a series of ginnels, it is very interesting as you are walking past the former houses of many mill workers. Threre is a bus service which will take you both ways, stops about 1/4 mile from the site.

Regards Tim

Unless you come from the North you probably won't know what a ginnel is, but Martin will.

I sure do :D

Thanks again Tim

Martyn

Randonneur - 2011-03-02 2:18 PM

Regards Tim

Hmmm....i had them more as snickets. ;-)

hi,

if you want posh nosh ( not cheap ) try kittie's for very good food, about 1/4 mile outside h/b center

52 Market Street, Hebden Bridge, West Yorks, HX7 6AA

01422 842956 for reservations open from 7pm Tuesday to Saturday, Reservations Preferred

ken

Well what a find. Superb. Ok, the weather helped, it was glorious but seriously I'd recommend this to anyone. I hope I don't kick myself for this but I won't be selfish...

Even if you don't have lungs of steel, there's plenty of buses available for the walk back. We found 3 different ways into Hebden Bridge and in reality there's probably a dozen. The shortest we used took us about 30 mins.

Lovely welcoming Pub nearby, (Hare & Hounds), 5 mins walk, very good value food served too.

Martyn

How Much??????? - 2011-03-12 5:02 PM

Did you get to Hardcastle Crags? Well worth a visit if in the area of HB.

No, but we were close by (I think) when on a walk at Pecket Well ??? Sorry can't rmember what that was called, wood perhaps?

One for next time no doubt.

Martyn

Archived