Fiat wing mirror

johnsue

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger, whats the part numbers of your new ones? The autotrail tracker mirrors stand out like bats wings, what you have done is a good idea, it lessens the chance of any damage. Has the nearside one got the radio fitting in it like the original autotrail or have you had to transfer it?

Roland

After rading through the posts I can't find anyone else having the problem. However I do!. When driving at motorway speeds into a strong headwind the offside mirror blows in. This has only happened a couple of times and my van is out of warranty so i just thought that if it gets worse or i know I'll be driving in the above conditions I'd wedge the swivel arms with a couple of small pieces of tapered wood or similar. Couldn't face spending that much on a new assembly when it's only happened twice in 4 years. If it does get worse i may have to rethink.

I had the folding wing mirror syndrome after a collision with someone else,s mirror,just applied superglue to the swivel section.Does any one have any tips for removing the Remis cassette fixed to the doors of our Fiat?

Hi. re mirror. If your mirror is as on my previous MH, it has a corrugated black rubber cover over the hinge assembly. If so prise the rubber out of it's locating groove and fold it back, you should then see the ratchet hinge.it is made of some sort of di-cast metal,is it broken.? If not check that the spring tensioning screws have not come loose.

Brian B.

ps with our Hymer MH the mirror ratchet position is fully adjustable using an allen key

Archived