Baby Gaga breast milk ice cream 'seized' by council

CliveH

Other than prurience, it actually makes a lot more sense than drinking milk from cows udders, or from sheep...and most of us will already have drunk breast milk for quite a while anyway..................

Well I disagree BGD

I think its sick, we may have sampled breast milk previously but not knowingly or through choice.

I dont even agree with these new age feminist sorts thinking that its acceptable to breast feed in public. "ooh look at me i'm so modern I can breast feed my child in public, look at me everyone" they make me sick.... 8o|

ips - 2011-03-02 9:46 AM

Well I disagree BGD

I think its sick, we may have sampled breast milk previously but not knowingly or through choice.

I dont even agree with these new age feminist sorts thinking that its acceptable to breast feed in public. "ooh look at me i'm so modern I can breast feed my child in public, look at me everyone" they make me sick.... 8o|

However, (if you have one) you are probably quite happy to take your dog for a walk in the park, let it take a dump on the grass where kids are watching and playing, then scoop it up and take a packet of sh1t home with you.

You are basing your above response on personal prejudices and opinions, now my response is based on the same, because personally I find it disgusting that people let their dogs foul in public, regardless of whether they clear the mess up, it still leaves the possibility of infections and diseases being passed to humans, but I also acknowledge that there is little alternative and praise those who do clean up.

Breast feeding is the most natural thing in the world, why let it bother you, if you feel offended, don't look, also based on my above thoughts, when a baby need feeding, it needs feeding. Now a baby can no more be told to wait until mother gets home, than a dog can be told to cross it's legs and till they get home and cr4p in the back garden.

Surely you do not object if you see a young child sucking a lolly in the street, if not, why not ? they are only feeding, there is no real difference.

And before you suggest it, I'm not a new age feminist, I hate that type of woman, they do not represent the majority of females.

I know its not in public and a bit off the thread but when our kids were babies my wife used to sleep so soundly (exhausted) that if they woke up in the night for a feed I could prop her up in bed, put the baby to the breasts for a feed, change the nappy and put them back down without her even waking up. In the morning she would cheerfully proclaim that said baby had slept through the night. It was only the soiled (before the days of disposables) nappy that would convince her otherwise!

And yes she had no hesitation in discreetly feeding them in public. Much more convenient than faffing around with a bottle! As for new age, I think not the eldest is now 46.

Have to say I agree with Donna on the breast feeding but disagree re the jump to inconsiderate dog owners - I never like to suggest that a thread “stays on topic” because mostly threads follow their own natural course – but that jump was one a bit too far in my book Donna.

As a dog owner I “pick-up” and hate it when I come across the copious evidence of other people not giving a sh1t. Least of all, that of their dogs.

I think one of the most fabulous sights was my kids breastfeeding in the quiet of the night. Something very special in that image. I was amazed on a train once coming back from a meeting when an elderly lady was most rude to a nursing mother who with a young hungry baby apologised and with great skill managed to feed her baby.

The elderly lady obviously expected the rest of us to agree with her, but in fact the comments were, along the lines of “don’t apologise” – “most natural thing in the world” – and we all asked the young Mum to carry as none of us men had any objection.

Please do not get it wrong! we were a mixed bunch of male and female of all types – it was only the single elderly lady that kicked off and she soon shut up albeit with a few mutterings.

Still do not think I want human breast milk icecream though. But I suspect it is nicer than that sickening slipperiness that betrays placing ones foot in a turdmine.

Then we have had the experience of being on holiday, sitting round the resort pool (Eurocamp) and a British couple (it had to be – didn’t it!) with a young child with no nappy on and clearly more than a usual bowel problem running around the pool side leaving cr*p everywhere. Mum and Dad ignoring the obvious problem and the comments from the rest of us.

Closer to home – it is not uncommon here in the New Forest to find dumped, full, turgid, nappies.

So in summary – I am not sure I want human or canine breast milk icecream (odd when you consider we drink cow and goats milk) but – at a push would be prepared to try either – and I certainly do not want cr*p of any kind anywhere other than in its proper place of disposal.

But I think, Donna, to accuse someone who simply states that they do not like to see breastfeeding in public even if they see it as "sick", of being a sh!t scattering antisocial dog owner is well over the top .

Turd burger anyone?

Well just to clarify I am not a dog owner and as for Donnas reference to dog doo well dont even get me started on that topic as I fully agree with her sentiments.

My objection is to women who breast feed quite openly in an obvious "look at me" manner, (they normally have brightly coloured hair have tatoos and a stupid looking piercing through there lip). I have no objection to women who find a quiet corner and leave there dignity covered. My daughter wasnt breast fed as the 1st mrs ips and I decided that it was easier to bottle feed as I could then assist (and indeed I did usually at stupid o'clock) I fully enjoyed the bonding experience that I would not have had if only the mother was involved, oh and before anyone even considers mentioining the possibility of expressing milk....uurgh thats worse than the ice cream thing.

The above of course is only my opinion which I believe I am entitled to have, so any women with tatoos or piercings out there dont get on your high horse. ;-)

PS-Oh and for the record I said that the ice cream thing was "sick". I went on to say that the women who openly and purposely breast feed in public "make me sick" there is a diffrence breast feeding itself is indeed natural but in the correct environment.

I don't agree with the new ice-cream but so what, if there are idiots out there who want to pay for it, let them.

What I find most sad is the 200 women who want to 'donate' breast milk for the purpose ... surely they could donate their 'excess' breast milk to a much more beneficial cause than to support yet another new 'food fad'? :-S

As for breast-feeding in public, I don't have a problem with this at all so long as it is done with respect for those around, and is appropriate for the setting - if I'm having a nice meal in a restaurant I certainly don't want to see someone's 'knockers' being banded about on the next table to intentionally draw undue attention to herself to show how 'good' a mother she is ... which to me she would not be as it would surely be better for the baby to be fed in a more appropriate and calming place.

Guest Tracker

It is surely much better for everyone within earshot to have a baby breast fed in a public place instead of a hungry howling baby causing much more auditory disturbance!

As has been said one does not have to watch and indeed most of us would avert our gaze once aware of what is happening.

As for breast milk ice cream - having seen what cold ice cream can do to a baby's 'system' - good luck - not for the faint hearted I would imagine!

Guest peter
BGD - 2011-03-02 8:50 AM

most of us will already have drunk breast milk for quite a while anyway..................

I still am Bruce. You've got to keep the infection resistace topped up. (lol)

Guest peter
donna miller - 2011-03-02 1:34 PM

Well I disagree BGD

However, (if you have one) you are probably quite happy to take your dog for a walk in the park, let it take a dump on the grass where kids are watching and playing, then scoop it up and take a packet of sh1t home with you.

You are basing your above response on personal prejudices and opinions, now my response is based on the same, because personally I find it disgusting that people let their dogs foul in public, regardless of whether they clear the mess up, it still leaves the possibility of infections and diseases being passed to humans, but I also acknowledge that there is little alternative and praise those who do clean up.

Breast feeding is the most natural thing in the world, why let it bother you, if you feel offended, don't look, also based on my above thoughts, when a baby need feeding, it needs feeding. Now a baby can no more be told to wait until mother gets home, than a dog can be told to cross it's legs and till they get home and cr4p in the back garden.

Surely you do not object if you see a young child sucking a lolly in the street, if not, why not ? they are only feeding, there is no real difference.

And before you suggest it, I'm not a new age feminist, I hate that type of woman, they do not represent the majority of females.

Perhaps he's associating bared breasts with sex. Like most men. But he's got a guilt complex about it. I jus t think, lucky little bugger, I wish it was me. (lol)

This subject was discussed on the Jeremy Vine BBC2 radio show a few days ago. Women who donate breast milk get £15 for 10Floz. However, the main objection from callers was that if women had excess breast milk then surely it would be better to donate it to hospitals for babies who need it ? A good point I thought.

Because we have been used to drinking the equivalent of 'breast milk' from animals for such a long time it seems natural to us, in principal however, what is the difference, breast milk is breast milk isn't it ?

peter - 2011-03-02 9:49 PM

donna miller - 2011-03-02 1:34 PM

Well I disagree BGD

Perhaps he's associating bared breasts with sex. Like most men. But he's got a guilt complex about it. I jus t think, lucky little bugger, I wish it was me. (lol)

Eh ... :-S :-S :-S

Archived