lost camos codes

RRT

Can anyone help please. We are staying here in Sitges and we tried to get our Camos Dome set up only we seem to have lost all our codes or what ever it is that makes the dome look for the right signals.

As we are new to this game we are not sure what to try next, has any of you seasoned travellers any ideas please.

Hi, I'm Not sure what you mean by lost codes, but surely all you need to do is to set the required satellite to Astra 2 (for uk progs) and ask it to search (assuming it is automatic type)

You may not get enough signal to lock on to Astra2 down at Sitges as the beam is intended for uk reception, so you could try Astra ! as alternative, but this wont work if you are using sky box. If you have a Freesat box or equivalent, then you can get BBC world news on Astra1, and a lot of european channels, but no Corrie.

tonyg3nwl

Sitges is a dodgy area for reception especially as you only have a 30cms or 40cms dish inside your dome. I have received programmes there on a 60cms dish but with a Camos dome you might be pushing it although you should be able to get Sky News, True Movies and a few others.

The only other suggestion is that there could be trees in the way. Are you at El Garrofer? If so there are plenty of trees that could be preventing decent reception. Are there other British vans around receiving programmes?

Hi yes we are in El Garrofer but no British vans mostly NL or French.

What happened was that we had Astra1 and got eurosport no problem we thought only when we went to sign off it came up with cancel or OK. We said cancel and now we can not get anything. We are off to Valencia on Sunday so we will have another try. Thank for your help.

Valencia to Alicante is even more difficult for the Astra 2 group of satellites. But you should be able to receive Astra1 easily from your present location and in Valencia.

I think you need to contact the supplier of your dome. They are used to receiving calls from people with problems.

Alternatively, are there any Dutch people with domes on your site - nearly all of them speak English. Its just possible they might be able to help you get something on Astra1.

As you must have a free to air box have you tried getting anything on the Hotbird satellite just to check the dome is working?

It sounds to me like you have inadvertently deleted the channels from your receiver. Set the dome for Astra 1 and when it says its locked on scan for channels on the receiver. you may need to do this for all satellites you use in turn. If you don't know how to scan for channels read your manual for your receiver.

D.

Archived