What must it be like with a camping car in summer?

Alf Stonehouse

When the sun comes out holidays are announced it becomes less attractive idiots and egoists predominate loud rude brash its time to move when such awful people are let out

Today is a “summer-day” and already an idiot arrived & parked in a way i couldn't open my door even though there are endless places to park.I moved to a better place as it happened but it was a irritation.He parked next to me as its flat and tough for me

If this is what it will be like in summer i happy i will be at home waiting for the coming winter to explore

Is it very crowded in summer?

Guest JudgeMental

You will find that those who moan about high season camping hardly ever experience it. some of us have no choice but to go away high season. In our case my wife is in Education and up until this year our kids as well (now at Uni and doing there own thing) I love getting a way high summer because of the weather..but you have to plan ahead if you want the best spots.

Before the children we still had to go away high season, but we never booked in advance and we always managed to find somewhere. The only area I did not like at all as it ws far to packed and busy was Argeles and around...trully awful. further south into Spain fine and west into Cote de Azure beautiful

This year we are heading through Germany to Croatia and back up to Italian lakes where we have booked our favourite site. another trick is to drive through the night avoiding traffic......

Alf Stonehouse - 2011-03-05 3:28 PM

When the sun comes out holidays are announced it becomes less attractive idiots and egoists predominate loud rude brash its time to move when such awful people are let out

Today is a “summer-day” and already an idiot arrived & parked in a way i couldn't open my door even though there are endless places to park.I moved to a better place as it happened but it was a irritation.He parked next to me as its flat and tough for me

If this is what it will be like in summer i happy i will be at home waiting for the coming winter to explore

Is it very crowded in summer?

Apart from late July/ August no it is not. Do not use my van in winter as I spend a lot of time skiing and go to chalet. I must be one of the idiots, only go when the sun comes out.

JudgeMental - 2011-03-05 4:39 PM

You will find that those who moan about high season camping hardly ever experience it. some of us have no choice but to go away high season. In our case my wife is in Education and up until this year our kids as well (now at Uni and doing there own thing) I love getting a way high summer because of the weather..but you have to plan ahead if you want the best spots.

Before the children we still had to go away high season, but we never booked in advance and we always managed to find somewhere. The only area I did not like at all as it ws far to packed and busy was Argeles and around...trully awful. further south into Spain fine and west into Cote de Azure beautiful

This year we are heading through Germany to Croatia and back up to Italian lakes where we have booked our favourite site. another trick is to drive through the night avoiding traffic......

Sorry for change of subject. Eddie we to are heading for Italy some time next euro trip and my wife wants to go to Italian lakes as part of trip. What site or sites do you recommend.

Guest Tracker

Even on bank holiday weekends there are always quiet places to find.

You just have to be prepared to go well away from touristy places such as popular beaches and lakes etc.

Why go there when you can go there any other time of year?

All it takes is a little research and initiative allied to experience and a good map to find peace and quiet.

Guest JudgeMental
rupert123 - 2011-03-05 4:45 PM

Sorry for change of subject. Eddie we to are heading for Italy some time next euro trip and my wife wants to go to Italian lakes as part of trip. What site or sites do you recommend.

Our favorite is camping Fornella, but it is usually booked up around Christmas time for high summer, outside July/August you should be fine

http://www.fornella.it/camping.c/p-6x2x357/Camping-Fornella.html.htm

Guest 1footinthegrave
Alf, I have spoken to so many people that complain of this, I guess you must look as though you want company LOL. However with possibly the exception of the July /August time we always manage to find a quiet spot. Of course that's the big advantage with a van, you can always move on, not so easy with a pre-booked hotel in Salou or where ever.

JudgeMental - 2011-03-05 6:29 PM

rupert123 - 2011-03-05 4:45 PM

Our favorite is camping Fornella, but it is usually booked up around Christmas time for high summer, outside July/August you should be fine

http://www.fornella.it/camping.c/p-6x2x357/Camping-Fornella.html.htm

OK Eddie many thanks, it looks good.

I do have a solution to the problem of close parking and when I clock someone going to get near me I open the door to its fullest extent and there is no way they can get too close.

One time in Spain I got a close parker he nicked me wheel trims.

Archived