Blind-spot mirrors?

pepe63xnotuse

Not wishing to derail the "Fiat Wing Mirror" thread,does anyone have any recommendations concerning blind spot mirrors?..

Our Renault Master only has one piece,fairly flat glassed mirrors and with this in mind I'd like to fit blind-spot mirrors..

I've used the cheap'n'nasty stick on types in the past but I didn't reckon much to them(..a bit like using a cheap bathroom mirror..)..

Seeing as the mirror heads are quite basic(..but sturdy!),I could use the clamp-on type..

Anyone used any with any success?

Thanks

Chris

pepe63 - 2011-03-05 3:30 PM Not wishing to derail the "Fiat Wing Mirror" thread,does anyone have any recommendations concerning blind spot mirrors?.. Our Renault Master only has one piece,fairly flat glassed mirrors and with this in mind I'd like to fit blind-spot mirrors.. I've used the cheap'n'nasty stick on types in the past but I didn't reckon much to them(..a bit like using a cheap bathroom mirror..).. Seeing as the mirror heads are quite basic(..but sturdy!),I could use the clamp-on type.. Anyone used any with any success? Thanks Chris

Hi,

I bought a pair of these from e bay but I only Paid £49.00 for a pair, Unfortunately I cannot find the firm I bought them from on e bay, but these were specifically for a Merc Sprinter, might be worth a look though,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-LT-Mercedes-Sprinter-Motorhome-Blind-Spot-Mirror-NEW-/170149015600?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item279dabf030

As a test purchase i bought 2 of these cheapies from ebay. I was so pleased I have since bought 4 more so all my vehicles now have them. They are easy to fit and work really well. If however you want top qualty dont bother,you will have to pay more. For the price i think that they are very good. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CURVED-ADJUSTABLE-BLINDSPOT-BLIND-SPOT-MIRROR-CAR-VAN_W0QQitemZ400200139668QQcategoryZ36682QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m506QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DNGRI%26its%3DI%26itu%3DUA%26otn%3D8%26pmod%3D400190346623%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7527085392159268474

For me a blind spot camera is far more effective. Its mounted on the side of the van, as low and as far forward as possible. I have the monitor set to default on this view and press a button to select rearview if I need it. (It could be selected off the reversing lamp switch but I prefer to have manual control)

C.

Thanks for all of your responses.. ;-)

(...I'll see if I can find some outlets that has some of them in stock,so I can see them in the flesh).

RE: the camera idea.We don't have any camera/monitor system at the moment,so only really looking for a simple mirror..

Thanks again..

Chris

Archived