Access to Cae-du, Wales site

Starship Trooper

Thinking of going to one of Andy Stothert's favourite sites Cae-du in Wales. Annoyingly can't find his MMM review of the site but lots of other reviews indicate superb site so has become a must for this year. My concern is, in particular, the restricted access to the site. Other reviews indicate bumpy narrow track and awkward for caravans but am going in Autocruise Tempo 6m length.

Has anyone been in this size of van, is it easy, difficult, very difficult or just needs a bit of slow careful driving.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I guess you mean the coastal site not far from Dolgelau. I was there last year in my Autotrail Tracker and access was not a problem at all. A steepish bumpy track and a narrow bridge under the railway might look a little daunting but its fine. It seems to be a well-drained field as well since a night of very heavy rain caused us no problems.

Also on the subject of Andy Stothert recommended sites, can somebody please tell me the name of the one on the Lleyn peninsula .I 'm intending to visit in May for a couple of days, then a couple of days at Harlech and finish at Cae Ddu if there's any room after a mention in MMM.

Archived