Fiat 2003 2.8jtd

Mickt

Not a mechanic but I have done this job, very easy and you need no special tools but you do need good quality tools (possibly a breaker bar though that may only have been for the carrier bolts not required to be removed for pads) as the bolts can be tight, my experience of cheap sockets etc. is they can break. Changed the discs, parking brake shoes and handbrake cable as well, all very straightforward and easy.

Bas

Thanks Bas, will have a go at this next week. Have the tools so hopefully no problem. Had a quote from main dealer new pads £84.00 from motorfactor £28.00. Hate to think how much main dealer would charge to fit.

Had no problem with the pads, they came from if I remember correctly 'Car Parts Direct' but the parking brake shoes had an extra 'clip' riveted on that the origionals did not have, 30 seconds with an angle grinder and they were the same!!

Don't forget thread compound Locktight or whatever as you need to put that on when you reassemble, sorry if I am telling Granny how to suck eggs!

Bas

Archived