Wealthy Uncle

Guest Tracker

Guest Tracker

I must say a big thank you to my wealthy uncle George who has just awarded my wife and I a combined pension increase of 5.44% to start on April 11th this year. Thank's Uncle George!

I just hope that what Uncle has given with his right hand will not be taken back by his left hand on the 23rd March!

NI pension contributions must rank as one of the best investments available in this country and I suggest that everyone still working gets a state pension forecast to ensure that they will get what they paid for.

Guest pelmetman

Also people like me who employ their better half at just below the NI level :D Ensure you go through the P11 box ticking exercise to ensure she/he qualifies for their state pension 8-)

Or like us you will find er in doors is 8 years short even though Sue has worked for me for over 10 years *-)

It's a loophole that the tax man likes to keep secret *-) a rule that we only discovered by accident.

When I sent them a letter from the accountant to prove that Sue had worked for me for that length of time, they said they can not accept the figures from my accountant, even though they have accepted figures from the same accountant for over 20 years in order for me to pay tax!!!!!!..........they dont mind those figures >:-(

Guest Tracker

Also make sure that if the lady of the house was working before stopping to bring up a family or care for a relative her pension pot is credited with Home Responsibility Protection for the years not working as it has been known to be missed by those on high in their Ivory Tower at Newcastle.

http://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/state-pensions/home-responsibilities-protection-%28hrp%29

Archived