Subscription MMM

Petra

Since all the hoohaa at Christmas regarding late deliveries it seems that our MMM never arrives before the date we can buy it in the shops. I know that it is cheaper on subscription but one of the benefits was supposed to be that we got the magazine before it was on sale. At least if we bought it in the shop we could see what was in it and if it was full of Scotland we would not have to buy it. Are most people getting it late or is it just us that live in the boondocks that are having problems. MMM really should give the delivery company a kick up the backside.

Somewhere else on this Forum the editor Daniel Attwood has said that he intends this to improve. You were not the only one. It seems that we get our copy via Royal mail who have been influenced by the bad weather. Major shops get theres by other carriers who are oblivious to weather influences.

May the force be with you!

C.

Guest Tracker

I don't much care when it comes because all it does when it comes is remind me just how samey it has become and just how much of it is of no interest to me whatsoever!

Does it really matter folks - it's only a magazine after all - hardly life or death?

Now that we seem to have gone to 13 issues per annum, I never know when it's due out anyway......I suppose it's every four weeks...? .and am still wondering what the extra issue will be called!!

I have to agree with the commment above about getting repetitive, and it is the only magazine I have had for many years and continue to subscribe to. A good way to get mmnay mags now, is to watch teh adverts and get in many aces three issues for £1 or so, then cancel the Direct Diebit before the full amount gets charged.

One question, though, I had always assumed this forum was a 'benefit' for subscribers only-is that the case??

Keith T - 2011-03-09 8:19 PM

One question, though, I had always assumed this forum was a 'benefit' for subscribers only-is that the case??

No, it was when it was first created,but it was opened up to non-subscribers 2-3 years ago I think, hence why we get the 'riff-raff' on now don't-cha-know!!!

:D

Only kidding guys! (lol)

Petra - 2011-03-09 4:46 PM

.... At least if we bought it in the shop we could see what was in it and if it was full of Scotland we would not have to buy it. .....

Watch it, or I'll let the haggis loose on you!! ( my other half comes from haggisland !)

Just got mine today at Sainsbury's, but have to agree that it is becoming "sameness". Still , it has got the odd snippet in it from time to time of some interest and I must admit to smiling occasionally when reading about 'fagash's adventures.

tonyg3nwl

One of the things I used to hate about other mags I've taken (Golf/Motoring) was the 'date creep'.

This isn't some slimy person who wants to take you out but the ongoing process of bringing out a particular month's mag weeks before that month hits the calendar.

Example: April mag used to come out in April (albeit at the start of the month), then the year after it might come out in late March, and then mid March and so on.

I've now seen motoring mags where (say) April would be issued in February! The end result of this madness was 13 mags a year with the 13th becoming 'the Awards Issue' which just rehashed articles/tests from the previous 12 mags and ranked them in order to achieve the aforementioned 'awards'.

I really hope this doesn't start with MMM although I am tending to support the 'samey' comments above.

Rgds,

Chris.

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2011-03-09 8:39 PM

No, it was when it was first created,but it was opened up to non-subscribers 2-3 years ago I think, hence why we get the 'riff-raff' on now don't-cha-know!!!

Only kidding guys! (lol)

I'm ok then as I am raff-riff :D

Rif raf you were brave with that post lol

Keep up the good work

QUOTE]Mel B - 2011-03-09 8:39 PM

Keith T - 2011-03-09 8:19 PM One question, though, I had always assumed this forum was a 'benefit' for subscribers only-is that the case??
No, it was when it was first created,but it was opened up to non-subscribers 2-3 years ago I think, hence why we get the 'riff-raff' on now don't-cha-know!!! :D Only kidding guys! (lol)

Mel B - 2011-03-09 8:39 PM

Keith T - 2011-03-09 8:19 PM

Only kidding guys! (lol)

Well I may be riff-raff (although as an Air Cadet Padre I'd rather be RAF than riff) - BUT AT LEAST I'VE GOT MY COPY TODAY from Morrisons! :-D :-D

Archived