Fitting Bike Rack on Autocruise Starspirit

Birdsonthewing

The 'strong points' will certainly be there, but asking Swift won't help. I would get a '3 in 1 stud-detector'

http://beta.screwfix.com/p/3-in-1-stud-sensor/27558?_requestid=179106

As Autocruise ch who made your van (and mine) are 'no more' unfortunately. (2005 Starburst). Ray

Just looked at the reviews and they don't look too good. Perhaps another make ?

Guest JudgeMental
if you tap across with your knuckle you should be able to tell where supports are. but as Ray said use a decent joist finder as well :-S

Guest Tracker

We used to have a Starspirit and it came with a brackets for a bike rack, but no rack itself.

I don't think I have a photo of it's back side showing where they were fixed but I'll have a look and post it on here if I have.

I used a cable/stud detector to locate fixing points on my current Starlet.

Swift who now own Autocruise probably will not be interested in helping even though they probably have the date on filr but there is no harm in asking them.

Other people to ask are dealers who often fit bike racks as their fitters sometimes have a wealth of knowledge and experience.

We had a dealer fit our Bike rack. Depending on layout of your van, you may have to move cooker/fridge etc. Our window is slightly off centre , so the BR is also fitted off centre. For safety I would personally have a dealer fit, then you have comeback if you have leaks etc!!

PJay

Guest Tracker

The Starspirit has a rear lounge so there are no obstacles to remove but you do need to position with care as internally the upper mounts may be in view unless you get them down below backrest level.

Sorry - don't have a photo.

Archived