New ECU and Wiring Loom!

Golfer

Tracker - 2011-04-20 7:45 AM

With respect Stewart you have been a lot more forgiving than I would have been!

Q. -When is a three year warranty not a warranty?

A.- When it's a FIAT warranty.

You should not have been out of pocket at all on this fiasco and the inept dealer should have sorted the bill with Fiat without ever involving you in that side of it - after all peace of mind is what warranties are supposed to be for?

Rich it may well have been out of warranty, 2008 started on the 1 January 2008 last time I looked. If so Fiat acted in a good manner but agree the dealer did not.

Guest Tracker
rupert123 - 2011-04-21 12:30 PM

Tracker - 2011-04-20 7:45 AM

With respect Stewart you have been a lot more forgiving than I would have been!

Q. -When is a three year warranty not a warranty?

A.- When it's a FIAT warranty.

You should not have been out of pocket at all on this fiasco and the inept dealer should have sorted the bill with Fiat without ever involving you in that side of it - after all peace of mind is what warranties are supposed to be for?

Rich it may well have been out of warranty, 2008 started on the 1 January 2008 last time I looked. If so Fiat acted in a good manner but agree the dealer did not.

You could well be right Henry? Nevertheless I suspect that water ingress due to badly sealed bonnet / scuttle may have had some impact on the electronics - in which case that should have been sorted long ago and I still feel that Fiat have done little to endear themselves to anyone over their handing of the whole sorry saga!

Archived