Mirror Guard

urbanracer

Guest peter
Or take a mould off your existing mirrors and make your own. Using gelcoat colour of your choice for high gloss finish.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest peter
No Mel they don't. They look like i've suggested above. They may make them a bit deeper, but very little wider maybe 5mm on each side.

armstrongpiper - 2011-04-24 9:18 AM

I contacted the outfit selling these things and exchanged a few emails. A bloke named Paul said he would call me by phone (number supplied) to arrange payment and delivery. I wanted them before setting off on our trip to France in early May. He didn't phone and is not now answering emails. Does anyone know what has happened?

Neil B

I'm all for free enterprize & innovation, but I would be concerned where a Seller, only has a single page website & the only contact No. shown is a MOBILE.

An unknown trader & exploiting free advertising on the forum would not give me the confidence to buy from him.

If he is a legitimate trader, why not advertise in MMM ????????

My guess is that most of the hits on his website will be the result of forum users.

Buyer beware, IMHO.

flicka - 2011-04-25 9:46 PM

I contacted the outfit selling these things and exchanged a few emails. A bloke named Paul said he would call me by phone (number supplied) to arrange payment and delivery. I wanted them before setting off on our trip to France in early May. He didn't phone and is not now answering emails. Does anyone know what has happened?

Neil B

I'm all for free enterprize & innovation, but I would be concerned where a Seller, only has a single page website & the only contact No. shown is a MOBILE.

An unknown trader & exploiting free advertising on the forum would not give me the confidence to buy from him.

My guess is that most of the hits on his website will be the result of forum users.

Buyer beware, IMHO.

I think this is good advice if this person is genuine he should have proper contact details

Everyone has to start somewhere. Give the man a chance before condemning him. I have seen the product unlike some who have commented on here and I consider this would be a worthwhile investment and no, I have no connection to Kartracer.

I agree with that last post...

Just because the hasn't got himself a flashy website,doesn't make him a crook...

(...yeah,coz we all know that having a multipage website makes a company trustworthy..!? *-) )

..and he's not asking you to invest all of your savings into some dodgy investment company ...he's selling a "plastic" mirror protector/cover *-)

(..which it seems,has been available to view at some shows),if you don't like them,don't buy them...

;-)

Goodluck with the project mate.. :-)

flicka - 2011-04-25 9:46 PM

Neil B

Buyer beware, IMHO.

Come off it John, I have several friends who no longer have a 'landline', it does not make them crooks. The only mistake this bloke has made is not putting a price on his site.

I received an email from Paul this morning, apologising for the lack of contact. He explained that there have been problems with the manufacture of these gadgets, and they have suspended sales until the plastic moulding difficulty has been sorted. This he expects to be completed in a week or so, but too late for me to get them for my trip.

If anyone does try them, I hope they will report back to this Forum with their comments, but I suppose one needs to have given them a real test, by a good biff by a passing white-van-man to guage their real value.

Neil B

• 1 month later...

Has anyone heard from Paul lately ?

I ordered some mirror guards from him and at that time he was waitng for a new batch to be delivered to him.

As we were of to France I asked him not to deliver, until we returned.

We are back, and I have dropped him a couple of emails but have had no rely as of todays date.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update on the mirror guards, I purchased a set at the Belvoir Castle show and had the pleasure of meeting Paul and his colleagues. You couldn't have met more helpful guys even when their credit card machine started to play up they kept smiling.

Paul was very helpful with tips on how to fit them.

They are first class in design and material.

They are now in place and in my opinion enhance the looks of the van and add protection.

Good look to a genuine guy trying to make a living.

Regards

Stewart

• 2 weeks later...

Pleased to say that my Mirrorguards arrived after a little delay and confusion. (more my error than the sellers)

When I opened the box, they did resemble Starwars Storm Trooprs body armour :D

Fitted a treat, although I should have cleaned the front / back ( forward faces) of the m/home mirrors first to ensure that the adhesive stuck fully.. Wise after the event !! (and I was not going to pull them off to find how well they have stuck)

They are firm but flexible when in place, so I image could absorb / dissapate quite an impact. They also stand out as part of the m/home rather than the black mirrors which tended to fade into the background. So hope it might persuade oncoming vehicles to slow down a bit.

The mirror cases make the mirrors a bit larger but the they lift the front end "look" of the Fiat from white van to something more classy. :-)

Rgds

kartracer2003 - 2011-04-06 10:04 PM

Hello

They are discounted at £99.00, Dealers are chargeing £125.00 plus VAT.

Hi Paul,

I just emailed to ask if you can get them in azzuro blue, that's before I read the bit about them coming in black, white and silver - doh :-S

John & Anne - 2011-07-05 8:11 PM

Hi Tony,

Any photos available of the finished job?

Cheers.

By the time I have taken photos and got them posted it would be just as quick to look on http://www.mirrorguard.co.uk/ (lol)

But if you want some of the M/home from a different angle, let me know and I will take a few.

++++++

To "" OUCH"ers ;-)

I agree, but it is rather like insurance, I hope I don't have to prove their worth the hard way !!

That said, they are solidly made and some thought has gone into the design, mounting and finishing of the mirrors.

I do not know, but I would imagine the initial tooling costs to produce them (left and right sides) could be expensive, so like any prototype small volume sale, the inital cost is high.

Wife does handbags , I do motorhome bits :D

Rgds

Agree with the above comments - tooling would be expensive. I bought a pair about a month ago - white just before a hol. in France. They certainly stand out and give on coming traffic a better definition of the width of the MH - especially in France where slowing down is not in there set of rules.

Archived