Water Tap Connectors

kelly58

Must agree and I'm an ex caravanner, soon fell into the Motorhome way of life never stay in one place for more than one or two nights. The wind out awning was a waste of the best part of a grand, hardly ever use it, only need a light breeze to make it unusable.

:-D Absolutely right re-wind out awning. Like you we dont often use it as the slightest breeze and I cant relax for fear of it taking off with half of the side of the van attached. For the record I too am an EX caravaner and an ex camper and an ex boater. The reason for the MH was, got bored with boats, cant camp (what with my back ?) and didnt want to tow a caravan again and spend half an hour in the rain setting the darned thing up. B-)

Tracker - 2011-03-16 10:21 AM

If it pushes onto a hose can't you clamp it on with a jubilee clip?

In which case it would probably slip off the tap - unless you secured it somehow - like with a chain???

Exactly but if you just clamp it on it will crush the hose so you need to support the inside of the hose, it was just bit of useful advice to help others.

I rarely ever need to use but when I do I use the wife to hold it onto the tap saves carrying more junk that reduces the payload. (lol)

vindiboy - 2011-03-14 5:03 PM

Get a 10ltr Watering Can, top up a little and often, beats a hose anytime and fits all taps. IMHO hee hee.

This is what we do but there are some new motorhomes coming out now with fresh water fillers that need coupling to a hose which means moving the motorhome to a tap every time a top up is required or carrying a 12V electric pump . Not what I would call the brightest idea and universally hated by all the owners I have met who have them.

pelmetman - 2011-03-15 2:33 PM

We have a hole in the side of the van which has a pipe that goes into our onboard water tank :D I can fill it via a hose or watering can ;-)

I suppose this new system is progress*-) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Instead of a watering can I have a slim water container which slots easily out of the way but can be used to store water if needs be, much better than just a bucket or a watering can, in fact I've just picked up another of these containers for £1 from a car boot sale (unused!). :D

1444145859_watercontainer.JPG.f30816db90e1208e123415fbe4567e9a.JPG

Archived