Printers im going to buy an all in one HP will it be ok in the van??

alf stone

:-S I brought with me my canon i90 which is a battery printer or 220v i brought lots of new cartridges but after just six seven weeks they dont work and i cant buy them in France except online :-S

I thought id buy a HP DJ 1050 which costs 59€ hear or 49€ from Darty Agen the Lexmar is better but the ink costs the double

Will a home printer survive being driven about?

I chose the all in one in case this laptop fails.Ive downloaded the drivers i hope *-) If it dosnt work from the laptop i can still copy

49€

http://www.darty.com/nav/achat/informatique/imprimante_scanner-imprimante_jet_encre/index.html

We have a small Canon Bubble Jet printer, donkeys years old, so don't suppose they still make them. Still have it , not used for years, so may be can not buy cartridges. I think I will get it out and see if it works,. We also have a Canon Selphy which prints photos to post card size We take this in van and instead of buying post cards (being a bit mean) to send, we send our photos to the family and friends in envelopes, I think they get there quicker as well.

I know this dosen't answer you question, to which I reply dont really know

But thanks for reminding me about portable printers.

PJay

We carry our HP all in one 1400 printer in our van and it has been no problem, it is a bit bulky but we have the storage, we get our ink cartridges refilled at a local outlet, more ink in them than original and less money too.I was told by our refiller place that some ink cartridges now have micro chips in them and the printers will only accept original cartridges, but I expect there is a way round that.

Guest peter
I've got an HP Deskjet 450 and it's brilliant. It's also quite small and has a battery and mains lead. Goood photo quality pic's as well.

Hi Alf

I have just replaced an Epson printer that I carried around in the van with me with a new Kodak all in one printer / copier / scanner, I keep it in the garage and it does a real good job and cartridges are much cheaper

Cost about £60 her in the UK if you shop around

Wiggy

I have an HP 460 the battery holds it's charge for ages great bit of kit, latest version is a 470.

I wouldn't use a standard home printer they don't seal the cartridges as well as a dedicated portable one & you can end up with a right mess with ink everywhere.

As my travel plans have changed i wont be buying the the "all in one" i collect more cartridges for the i90

Both the HP & cannon with batteries are far to expensive i wont replace mine at least i don't think i will

Size wise there both great & i do like the battery the cannon battery also keeps its charge for weeks & longer B-)

I would like one that i can print photos with good color

It would be bad if the ink leaked

For the moment no change for me

Archived