Japenese Disaster.

vindiboy

I am amazed at the quiet calm shown by the Japenese people as shown on all the news programmes, They are queueing for food and water in orderly lines , no pushing or shoving,no signs of looting or bad tempers, just imagine the chaos if this were America??

What annoys me is that the BBC keep sending out all of the additional reporters and film crew when they already have reporters/crews based in the country. These "locals" know the country and the people well and are quite competent and accurate in their reporting.

I think that the BBC attitude is that you must have a known name to do the reporting.

They get in the way, are using fuel, water, food and accomodation that the Japannese have in very short supply at the moment.

I could`nt agree more its a real credit to people there, no mention of looting, no necessity of police on every street corner etc to keep order.

As regards the BBC they always seem to do this. I have`nt a lot of time for them lately they continuously go on about cuts, anything positive seems to be swept aside.

Guest JudgeMental
I find it hard to criticise posts like this for being of topic. A because of enormity and devastation of the event...... And B when there is so much drivel on here that goes unchecked :-D

JudgeMental - 2011-03-14 8:40 PM

I find it hard to criticise posts like this for being of topic. A because of enormity and devastation of the event...... And B when there is so much drivel on here that goes unchecked :-D

I knew you wouldn't let us down :D :D

I'm confident that all the respect due to this dreadful happening is paid by us all though.

Martyn

LordThornber - 2011-03-14 8:56 PM

JudgeMental - 2011-03-14 8:40 PM

I knew you wouldn't let us down :D :D

I'm confident that all the respect due to this dreadful happening is paid by us all though.

Martyn

it certainly is Martyn

jon

Guest JudgeMental

Well these things affect us all, as economy's are so reliant on each other. I have some Japanese stock and I am scared to look at it let alone the general stock *-)

Also the Euro on the slide again because of this, and probably Libyan situation as well.The markets just dont like uncertainty........ My new van that I am hoping to get at Easter just went up over £500 in 2 days because of euro slide :-S

This personal element aside we will still be donating to the disaster fund and I hope many others on here do likewise

Anyway, I must get back to the more serious forum work like finding more spider recipes *-)

JohnP - 2011-03-14 6:58 PM What annoys me is that the BBC keep sending out all of the additional reporters and film crew when they already have reporters/crews based in the country. These "locals" know the country and the people well and are quite competent and accurate in their reporting. I think that the BBC attitude is that you must have a known name to do the reporting. They get in the way, are using fuel, water, food and accomodation that the Japannese have in very short supply at the moment.

And who foots the bill for these people to go on their foriegn jonties us mugs the licence payers.!!

I cannot understand why we have to have a reporter on the 10 o'clock news stood making a report outside parliment or 10 Downing Street late at night doing their piece to camera another waste of licence payers money.

kelly58 - 2011-03-15 2:06 PM

I cannot understand why we have to have a reporter on the 10 o'clock news stood making a report outside parliment or 10 Downing Street late at night doing their piece to camera another waste of licence payers money.

Always makes me laugh too, especially when I see them on a weekend doing their report from outside the Home Office building. There is no-one inside and it doesn't addany more credence to the story. Mind you, good fun when you see the female reporters having had their hair nicely done for on camera and it's howling a gale or chucking it down :D :D

Guest JudgeMental
tazdog6007 - 2011-03-15 4:29 PM

of course they form an orderly line and obey all the rules, their machines thats why! cruel ,emotionless,dolphin,whale killing machines.worst disaster since the war!who started that then!

Yet again I see that we have a real charmer amongst us......... *-)

Guest pelmetman
tazdog6007 - 2011-03-15 4:49 PM

some people have selective memories too

We do need to move on from WW2, I dont mean forget what happened 70 years ago, the people in Japan who are suffering now have nothing to do with the past :D

JudgeMental - 2011-03-15 11:04 AM

Also the Euro on the slide again because of this, and probably Libyan situation as well.The markets just dont like uncertainty........ My new van that I am hoping to get at Easter just went up over £500 in 2 days because of euro slide :-S

Anyway, I must get back to the more serious forum work like finding more spider recipes *-)

Think you might mean slide in the £ Judge - but we should have got used to that over the last sixty years especially when you're about to buy a continental 'van.

Guest JudgeMental
Vernon B - 2011-03-15 5:28 PM

JudgeMental - 2011-03-15 11:04 AM

Think you might mean slide in the £ Judge - but we should have got used to that over the last sixty years especially when you're about to buy a continental 'van.

I though that is what I said...maybe not

Anyway a LHD van is still working out considerably cheaper...I would not be doing it otherwise.

Vernon B - 2011-03-15 5:28 PM ............Think you might mean slide in the £ Judge - but we should have got used to that over the last sixty years especially when you're about to buy a continental 'van.

Since this topic is already off topic, I hope this will count as on topic (double negative and all that)!  :-)

I think Vernon has something here.  "The Judgemental effect in International Macroeconomics", or why does Sterling depreciate relative to other currencies, at the point of purchase of a motorised road-going accomodation unit priced in Euros?

Because they see him coming?  :-D

tazdog6007 - 2011-03-15 4:29 PM

of course they form an orderly line and obey all the rules, their machines thats why! cruel ,emotionless,dolphin,whale killing machines.worst disaster since the war!who started that then!

Hmm you may have a point so perhaps my trip to germany should be cancelled, oh, i can't go to france because we fought with them for hundreds of years and the dutch and the spanish not to mention the italians, best stick to USA, oh no, we had a war with them too, and so on.

And so another bigot condemns another generation for the acts of their grandfathers.

Innocent lives are lost in a most horrible way but someone always comes in with absolute drivel.

don't think i've ever had a rant on this forum before in 500 odd posts >:-)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2011-03-15 6:32 PM

I agree.  By the way, where is Japen?  I don't think I've come across it before.

Its nex dor to Chinaa and Souf of Rusha me old fruit :D

Sorry only speak cockney cant type it (lol) (lol) (lol) Tried Google for the translation but its no use............. only does foreign and latin 8-)

Archived