Alarm

penguin9

Having purchased a new Autotrail,I was informed by my insurance co,Comfort,that any motorhome with a value of more than £50K will have to have a thatcham cat 1 alarm fitted.If the van is uninusurable without this,why are not fitted by the manufacturers.

And some even insist on 'Thatcham Tracker' devices fitted. But if you value your Motorhome perhaps it is worth out a few extra quid. I ordered a tracker at the time of purchase and made a one off lifetime subscription payment. You do have to remember to contact them though if like me you have a breakdown and have to be towed back as the tracker will activate if it is inclined at a certain angle !!

Guest Tracker
penguin9 - 2011-03-14 7:36 PM

Having purchased a new Autotrail,I was informed by my insurance co,Comfort,that any motorhome with a value of more than £50K will have to have a thatcham cat 1 alarm fitted.If the van is uninusurable without this,why are not fitted by the manufacturers.

Didn't you get the supplying dealer to fit one in the deal - I'm amazed they didn't tell you about alarms and trackers and try to sell them to you?

Most of us try and get one as part of the deal - bet you will next time too - as it is worth it if only for the peace of mind?

BUT - beware they do knock the stuffing out of your engine battery in short order so you will need to start and run the engine for a few minutes every couple of weeks to keep the battery charged.

Archived