Last post for a while,thanks for the advice

alf stone

With a stop in Cahors then perhaps Dieppe or where ever is best to get back :-(

Its a good thing i miss-read my dates,as i cant possibly get back with my camping van ;-) clearly it cant be left on a parking "somewhere"which means ill have to return for another 3 or 4 weeks of adventure :-)

I wont be posting again for a while,that will please several B-) in Cahors i might just look in after that its rush time :-( on reflection i wont tell customs i haven't got my passport *-) ill pop in & leave again hoping i dont meet a special customs check 8-)

I have to go.Im sad i didnt look at the control panel then i could have removed my name & no one would ever have known i wasn't "Alf"

Fiona

BUT -- Fiona -- what we really need to know is ..... what relation are you to Alf Stonehouse -- or is he the fully written-out version of your Alf Stone Nom-de Plume? ;-)

All that I can say is: If you really have been" 'vanning" around France for these past few months, then you are mighty brave!

Happy days and safe travelling,

Colin.

P.S. what happened to the tankful of red wine?

C.

LordThornber - 2011-03-15 1:29 PM

Obviously I have missed something here. I take it Alf doesn't exist? It's Fiona that's been writing the posts, is that right?

Someone please clear this up for me 8-) 8-)

Confused Of Blackburn :D

Never mind Alf.

Is there really a Lord Thornber ???

;-)

alf stone - 2011-03-15 11:06 AM

With a stop in Cahors then perhaps Dieppe or where ever is best to get back :-( :-( on reflection i wont tell customs i haven't got my passport *-) ill pop in & leave again hoping i dont meet a special customs check 8-)

I have to go.Im sad i didnt look at the control panel then i could have removed my name & no one would ever have known i wasn't "Alf"

Fiona

Have fun trying to get back without a passport

Symbol Owner - 2011-03-15 2:04 PM

This isn't the the only gender confusion on these posts -- 'Big Momma' ( actually Eric!) had someone (sorry, I forget who) all in a 'tizz' as well recently!

Symbol Owner ( A.K.A. Colin!)

Avatars and user names don't they just cheer you up. I post as Big Momma and someone mistook me for a female and called me a 'Silly Woman', not the worst I have ever been called. I guess with all this confusion if someone had a complaint they could take it to the 'Judge' and if they get no joy there could ask 'Lord T' to raise questions in the house and failing any satisfaction there could ask 'Bulletguy' to take the offender out :D :D :D

Guest JudgeMental
747 - 2011-03-15 3:59 PM

bulletguy has not posted for a while.

A work-related accident possibly?? 8-)

probably stumped up the tenner and gone back to the funsters..... *-)

All that I can say is: If you really have been" 'vanning" around France for these past few months, then you are mighty brave.

C.

The question was raised on another thread about whether Alf (or Fiona) has really been doing the things reported.

We too have wonderered for a while for these reasons:

surely nobody would

go to France so unprepared

ask so many questions of such a strange nature

do such stupid things

be abroad without key documents including passports

write postings with no regard to any punctuation

WOULD THEY ????????????

Still a number of people seem to have been interested and/or intrigued.

Guest Tracker
Vernon B - 2011-03-15 5:51 PM

Actually I thought it was obvious that Alf was a woman ...

And all the world just loves a smartie pants with hindsight!

I now wonder whether it was all a scam and Fiona/Alf is really a journalist trying to find out how friendly we are on here for one of the other less friendly forums?

Or gather enough info to write an article or a book?

Or maye he/she was doing it for a bet?

Any other ideas folks?

Guest pelmetman
Vernon B - 2011-03-15 5:51 PM

Actually I thought it was obvious that Alf was a woman ...

Eh?...................I agree her diction was some what unusual :-S But we put that down to him/her being a foreigner :D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2011-03-15 6:29 PM
Big Momma - 2011-03-15 6:11 PM
Tracker - 2011-03-15 5:59 PM Or maye he/she was doing it for a bet?
Careful mate not sure you allowed to refer to He/She's on these type of forums :D :D

Quite so.  Vanperson is the preferred style!  :-)

Or Camperperson............Or for short a Camperson :D

Guest Tracker
Brian Kirby - 2011-03-15 6:29 PM
Big Momma - 2011-03-15 6:11 PM
Tracker - 2011-03-15 5:59 PM Or maye he/she was doing it for a bet?
Careful mate not sure you allowed to refer to He/She's on these type of forums :D :D

Quite so.  Vanperson is the preferred style!  :-)

I wouldn't be at all surprised after all the political correctness police are alive and well and monitoring this forum even as we write!The world has gone barmy and gets more insane by the day!Good job we are not up for fostering a homeless child and giving he/she some tlc innit - but that's another story!

Archived