Last post for a while,thanks for the advice

alf stone

I'm disappointed it didn't go on a bit more and wonder how the helpful "gentlemen" here would have responded to the next sequence of posts:-

Do my wheels need tyres?

Where do I find my bed in this camper?

Why is everyone driving on the wrong side of the road over here?

Certainly beats the Jeremy Vine Show for intellectual stretch.

V

Vernon B - 2011-03-15 7:35 PM

I'm disappointed it didn't go on a bit more and wonder how the helpful "gentlemen" here would have responded to the next sequence of posts:-

Do my wheels need tyres?

V

And your point is *-)

Guest JudgeMental
Vernon B - 2011-03-15 7:35 PM

Do my wheels need tyres?

V

and...

I saw a french dog today it had a bone in its leg......

Its a bit lonely over here

what happended to the weather?

some started jabbering away at me in French today!

mistaken for a french man/women YET AGAIN!

need some more tomatoes

some disgusting wine on offer

Oops! forgot to wake up today!

need to come home now I have a headache.....

I like french knitting

where are all the holidaymakers?

I love MMM hard to find here though

my gun accidently discharged

has anyone seen my anchovies? I can smell them but not find them....

Guest Tracker

I missed him/her after he/she lost contact a while back and I too will miss all those hundreds of smileys!

Safe journey to Fiona & Alf and hurry back!

It is good harmless non racist non sexist entertainment after all is said and done!

Well confusion still reigns as to whether of not Alf/Fiana was actually travelling around France, in a Camping Car.

Various posts have requested he/her to identify the "Camping Car" to no avail.

Or maybe a French national brushing up on their English.

But at least there have been some "interesting" threads.

Thanks for the entertainment Alf/Fiona, continue to have a safe journey & maybe you will enlighten us all at some time in the future.

:-) Gosh so many replies

Quite by chance ive found an internet connection hear in Cahors its only the second time since ive been in France that i can sit in my camper plugged in to my new 12v system and post B-) the other time was this morning & yesterday

ALL other connections have been used standing with the laptop either held in one hand or balanced on the bikes handlebars or in a cafe hear

This is the only camping car ive ever driven other than a 1964 vw

Ive heard the crumpling of aluminum a depressing sound and the thud as i misjudged a very large rock one surrounding the parking in Damerzan & the sound of plastic tinker-ling on the ground :-|

I wish i didnt have to stop now,it was a shock to see id miss read the dates and that i have to be back this weekend im not prepared at all

I will be back and will have another three weeks after that i dont know

I do hope that i will go on later that my reasons for going to Portugal will be accepted which means ill have time to visit more of France on the way B-) i do hope it works out but to often plans are changed by events

Im sure i didn't give my name?? If had not dropped my laptop and with that lost my email account with my password :-( I couldn't ask for a new password as i couldn't and cant visit my email account (not yet)

If i had gone on as "Alf stonehouse" no one would ever have known i wasn't "Alf" :-S

I wont go on im sleepy now even with the trains clattering over the old bridge almost above my head the rain pattering on the roof and the river gently flowing by

Its amazing that ive found a connection & then only because i remembered id downloaded the newspaper

Thank you all for your comments & wishes perhaps ill run into you over hear in the future *-) One never knows

pelmetman - 2011-03-15 6:39 PM
Brian Kirby - 2011-03-15 6:29 PM
Big Momma - 2011-03-15 6:11 PM
Tracker - 2011-03-15 5:59 PM Or maye he/she was doing it for a bet?
Careful mate not sure you allowed to refer to He/She's on these type of forums :D :D

Quite so.  Vanperson is the preferred style!  :-)

Or Camperperson............Or for short a Camperson :D

Shocking innuendo, all that camp reference, won't do at all!  Alfiona may be forced sue for libel.  :-)

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2011-03-15 9:34 PM

Shocking innuendo, all that camp reference, won't do at all!  Alfiona may be forced sue for libel.  :-)

So long as he/she is not a liberal :D ............Mind you with the Liberals you can never tell (lol) (lol)

They get it............ in the end usually :D

Guest pelmetman

I don't know who Fiona or Alf is but you sure are having a laugh with us lot.

Everything you say is daft yet we look forward to hearing your next post.

Even this so called "last" post doesn't ring true you start off with your first three paragraphs speaking good English then just like Jekyl or Hyde you start rambling in a sort of French pigeon English :-S

Still it brightens up our day so come back soon.

Sue

alf stone - 2011-03-15 9:32 PM

:-) Gosh so many replies

Quite by chance ive found an internet connection hear in Cahors its only the second time since ive been in France that i can sit in my camper plugged in to my new 12v system and post B-) the other time was this morning & yesterday

Only the second time, the other time was this morning AND yesterday.

Ye gods himshe, you are certainly FUBAR 8-)

Guest JudgeMental
BGD - 2011-03-15 10:28 PM

Maybe some of us older hands might have an inkling..........

So who do you think it is?

I still consider this style of self obsessed and inconsiderate posting as nothing better then spam.

I originally asked politely why dont they post in a BLOG format? Just adding to the one thread when they feel like it. Something like "French meanderings, a blog by A Stonehouse". Surely better then a load of silly threads blocking up the front page of our small forum.......

Well this started the holier then thou brigade of accusing me of being nasty (yawn) and trying to censor opinion, which was garbage and far from the truth. I in fact find some of Alf's stuff entertaining but I think a bit of order and sanity would be nice.

when the OP then stated that they could not do this because they could not FIND previous threads?? alarm bells started ringing and I thought it probably a stupid scam to disrupt this forum......just have a look at some front pages of other forums to see how dire things can become without some common sense moderation...

Anyway..... Cahors is in the wrong direction if heading home*-)

edit: yes Donna you are probably right...more out then in they say!

pelmetman - 2011-03-15 6:02 PM

Vernon B - 2011-03-15 5:51 PM

Actually I thought it was obvious that Alf was a woman ...

Eh?...................I agree her diction was some what unusual :-S But we put that down to him/her being a foreigner :D

... or it could be Michele playing silly sods with us all! :D

donna miller - 2011-03-16 1:50 PM

Why hasn't anyone said that these threads should be in chatterbox.

Surely the law (according to some *-) ) isn't being upheld here. :D

judge mental, said they should be in chatterbox right from the start

thats part of his point in the post above yours :-D

jon

Mel B - 2011-03-16 7:21 PM

Eh?...................I agree her diction was some what unusual :-S But we put that down to him/her being a foreigner :D

It should have been plain that "alf stone", "Alf Stonehouse" and "Eriba trafic" are one and the same person.

The profile provided by "Eriba trafic" on another forum related to a 35-year-old man.

Can't say I care whether Alf/Fred/Fiona is male or female as some of the subjects raised by him/her since his/her arrival on this forum in December 2010 have provoked some interesting comments.

Has it all been a 3-month-long wind-up? If so, then it's been a good 'un. If not, then, so what? It certainly hasn't done any harm.

Derek Uzzell - 2011-03-17 8:37 AM

Mel B - 2011-03-16 7:21 PM

It should have been plain that "alf stone", "Alf Stonehouse" and "Eriba trafic" are one and the same person.

The profile provided by "Eriba trafic" on another forum related to a 35-year-old man.

Can't say I care whether Alf/Fred/Fiona is male or female as some of the subjects raised by him/her since his/her arrival on this forum in December 2010 have provoked some interesting comments.

Has it all been a 3-month-long wind-up? If so, then it's been a good 'un. If not, then, so what? It certainly hasn't done any harm.

Must admit Derek, I had not associated the Eriba trafic threads with Alf/Fiona. But looking back on this forum it is Fiona's profile.

Fully agree with your last 2 comments.

If anything they brought a breath of fresh air because of their freshness & naivety.

Archived