Nanny state madness

LordThornber

Guest Tracker
Only in the daytime - perhaps they are all related to bats - maybe they are genetically modified teenagers - but then the Jocks always were a bit odd!

There was some research last year sometime which "proved" that teenagers function better in the afternoon and evening than in the morning (shock horror surprise!), which led to one school (somewhere in Kent I think) re-timing the day to start and finish an hour later.

All gone quiet since - I wonder if the experiment worked?

Guest Tracker
malc d - 2011-03-15 5:32 PM

Do you think there is any chance of me getting a research grant while I'm testing my theory ?

:-|

Not a chance - you don't meet the criteria.

Because unfortunately like so many of us you are white indiginous British, honest, have common sense and therefore no politician would gain personally from any research that they approved and that you did - so that disqualifies you automatically!

Guest pelmetman

Perhaps the title to this thread should be the the "Nanny state is totally barking"

As a black couple have been banned from fostering kids again because of their christrian beliefs 8-)

I don't give a tinkers cuss for religion as an born again atheist, but why deny a child the hope of a loving home to prove a point >:-(

The polictically correct ar3seholes should hang their stupid, dumb, thick, heads in shame >:-(

O..er is that a rant :D

Guest Tracker

A cynic? Who me?

As for any horological aspirations - what makes you think such a thing?

You cannot be serious - neither can I!

Tracker - 2011-03-15 5:54 PM

malc d - 2011-03-15 5:32 PM

Do you think there is any chance of me getting a research grant while I'm testing my theory ?

:-|

Not a chance - you don't meet the criteria.

Because unfortunately like so many of us you are white indiginous British, honest, have common sense and therefore no politician would gain personally from any research that they approved and that you did - so that disqualifies you automatically!

Malc - stick the rider:-

"and its affect on Climate Change"

on your grant application and you will get £'000's thrown at you. (lol) (lol) (lol)

Guest Tracker
CliveH - 2011-03-16 8:33 AM

Malc - stick the rider:-

"and its affect on Climate Change"

on your grant application and you will get £'000's thrown at you. (lol) (lol) (lol)

But only if you agree not to rock the boat and dispute the line currently being taken by the current government.

Who can remember a few years back when we were all being told the next ice age was coming soon?

How soon the winds of alleged change switch direction?

The next Ice Age has bloody well arrived. It started snowing last November, has never really stopped since and we are told to expect Spring not to arrive before the middle of April. The ground is either frozen solid, or sodden. Today the temperature reached a dizzy 6 degrees in the middle of the afternoon. Yesterday it managed 3.

AS for kids getting enough sleep, if they keep playing computer games all night then little wonder. The 'bad old days' when you were kicked off to bed at 8 pm, 'cos you have school in the morning' seems to have vanished. However, why we need to pay someone a high salary and pension, just to tell us this wonderful fact, escapes me.

No wonder I go abroad in the summer. I need to defrost sometimes.

Archived