Santander to Andorra

John.N

We intend to travel to Santander next weekend en route to Provence via the southern Pyrenees. My original intention was to make Pamplona our first stop, but on reflection I would prefer not to drive so far on Monday afternoon. I should be very grateful for any recommendations for a nearer stopover which is open at this time of the year. Also recommendations of suitable sites at the eastern end of the Pyrenees would be appreciated.

Thanks Big Momma. A bit of light-hearted banter is OK by me. 'Fumble fingers'was the problem originally, but I hope that somebody will come up with an answerr to my enquiry. There must be somebody who has done that trip. Will any other 'forumites' be on the Santander ferry on Sunday?

There is a great Aire free at Vitoria Gasteiz it is on a large [ Very ] car park and has water and toilet dump, V G is a super City, if you walk about a killometre from the Aire you will be in the Old Town, there are other Aires on your route all in the Vicarious Book Aires of Spain and Portugal, I could post some later if you are interested , at the moment my copy of the book is outside in my garden in the van and I am just having a coffee and playing on the Lappy.

Right then, I can't do the degrees sign on this laptop so I will use a d instead,

DONISTA SAN SEBASTION N43d18.481" W002d00.867" good aire we have used it twice 3 euro 05 cents this time off year short walk to town and super beaches.

VITORIA GASTEIZ N42d52.024" W 002d41.100" Calle Portal de Foronda, good free Aire and lovely old town to explore.

BERMEO, N43d 25.375" W 002d 43. 522" All services free .

MIRANDA de EBRO,N 42d 41.325" W 002d 57.300" In the centre of town Lidl nearby and another large Supermarket, cant remember the name also Repsol garage nearby for Repsol bottled gas if you use this.

LEIRGANES, N43d 20.694" W003d 44. 694" Paseo de Velasco free 48 hrs all services.

CARBARCENO N 43d 21.486" W 003d 49. 186" free 48hrs all services.

hope that helps, remember you can over night almost anywhere as long as you don't go up on blocks or chairs out etc IE Camping.

Archived