Nuevo 10 versus Starfire 08

calypso

we are about to change our calypso {I think} these two are in the running at the moment. Both have for me {the women } the same essentials ....side facing settees ..bigger fridge ...swing wall shower ....but can any one comment on will the extra eleven thousand pounds be evident to the driver...ie better engine ...better fuel economy... we would be really grateful of any opinions thank you ..

The Calypso (presume a VW model) and the Nuevo are very similar in size , not sure what the 10 is?(the year?) If this is the case if its the low line there is very little difference, if its got a Luton you will gain storage space over the Calypso.

If the Nuevo is a Mk2 then its slightly bigger and wider than the Calypso.

Dont know about the Starfire

Both the Calypso and the Nuevo are nice vans and the change seems a logical one but I personally dont like the Pugeots as much as the VWs to drive. The Pugeots are not as economical as the 2.5l - 5pot VWs

The Autosleeper Nuevo, I assume is the EK version of the 3 & 5.63m long.

Payload on the 100bhp = 350kg. The 130bhp option reduces the payload by 15kg.

The Autocruise Starfire (2008 model) is 5.79m long. Payload 422kg

All are on the Peugeot Boxer 3300kg MAM chassis.

So unless the Nuevo is the 130bhp engine there will be virtually no difference regarding "better engine..... Better fuel economy".

The 130bhp does not appear as an option for the Autocruise Starfire.

The 130bhp engine has the 6 speed Gearbox, so will give a better performance & "may be" a little more economical.

As the models are virtually identical technically, (although the Autocruise Starfire benefits by having a better payload), choice could IMHO come down to the asthetics of the exterior styling & interior fabrics & woodwork.

Or What deal could be done.

One point to check, why is the Nuevo up for sale after only one year (?)

Regarding economy - our Autocruise Sportstar is 6.08m long & 3500kg MAM, with the 100bhp engine.

We are currently getting around 28mpg & generally weigh around the 3350kg mark.

Thank you for the reponse ..very helpful ...he who hesitates is lost the starfire is sold ,and like flicka said why would someone trade in a hardly 12 month old motorhome ...alarm bells rang....we will carry on looking thank you jean

Doesn't mean a lot selling a <12mth old van, our friends bought a Nuevo Classic around 9ths old - been brilliant purchase for them no probs, too small for previous owner. Our last van (AS Executive) bought at 6months old, brilliant van that we had 8 good years out of - previous owner sold it again too small for what they wanted.

Get one at 6/18 months old and you still get a newish van with manufacturers warranty with all the initial snags sorted and without the initial loss in value.

Mel B - 2011-03-17 6:23 PM

Personally, I would say £11,000 difference IS quite a lot of extra money for a difference of just 2 years between the ages of the vehicles - assuming one is 2010 model and one 2008 model.

Mel

- the Autosleeper Nuevo is more expensive than the Autocruise Starfire when both are new.

April MMM Buyers Guide

Autosleeper Nuevo £45,195

Autocruise Starfire £37,470

So considering a 2010 Nuevo v 2008 Starfire, I would not be surprised at £11,000 overall, as it only equates to c£3k for the 2 years age difference.

Ah ha, I thought they were closer in value than that originally ... I still wouldn't pay £45k for a Nuevo though, or the equivalent higher cost against another van if the other would do the job I wanted just as well! :-D

Flicka,

Don't compare today's Starfire price with the 2008 model, as the current one is a Swift Sundance in disguise, and much poorer quality than the last of the Autocruise built models. The current vehicle is not bult by Autocruise, and I think I am right in saying it is built at Cottingham.

The 2008 model was as good, if not better than the Nuevo.

Ken

Our 1st motorhome was a Compass 115 ( Explorer Group ) build our 2nd one was an Ace Airsrteam 680fb ( Swift Build ) now our current one is an Autosleeper Nueveo II EK 2010 which is by far a better quality quality built motorhome yes a lot more money but like most things you only get what you pay for , The main thing to  consider is will it do what you want it to regarding layout , size , performance and payload. No one has yet and never will produce a motorhome that will suite everyone we all have our own preferences and needs according to our budget and lifestyle.

Archived