ACSI Camping Card

shaggy

Hi all, just wondered about purchasing a camping card as travelling to Britany next month and will be staying at a campsite that accepts them. The card I believe is really designed for two people staying at a campsite. The trouble is there will be 6 of us in the motorhome (tight squeeze) , and yes we are ok on weight if I travel with a small quantity of water. Will it really save money with so many of us and will they even allow it's use with 6.

Any thoughts would be useful

Gavin

ACSI states "New this year, you can camp with 2 adults and maximun 3 children (under6) per night. Looks like you will not be able to use it. What about camping cheques? don't know about them, but some one will be able to tell you.

PJay

Hi Gavin

The card covers two adults,( and up to 3 children, up to 5 years old, on some sites).

As the charge appears to apply to the 'pitch' I doubt if they would/could split the charges between two people with a card and the rest without.

Hello Gavin,

In past years we have used our ACSI card in Spain and France with MH and 2 adults plus 1 or 2 extra adults. In every case we have paid the "ACSI price" for the van, 2 adults, electricity etc. and paid the current price for the extra adult/s. This always saved us money. In one case near Biarritz we paid €11 + €2 = €13 instead of the low season price of €29+ for van + 3 adults per night.

We might have just been lucky. However, in each case when I went to reception I presented my ACSI card explained we had an extra 1 or 2 adults and said I assumed we would pay the current adult rate for them. In every case the answer was always yes.

Just our experience but I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Carl

We used one last year for the first time and were probably unlucky,

three sites were not as described in the book and were wasted journeys and despite being in "low season" another said the book price was not correct and here we had to accept a higher price as it would have taken us too long to find another site. Needless to say we wont be using again.

Have used accsi over 3 seperate years. Never had any problems whatsoever. We camp with 2 adults plus dog and one child. We pay the advertised acsi rate plus one extra child as stated on camp site advertised price list (or sometimes adult rate depending on what age the particular site deems an adult to be). On top of that you have to pay any local taxes. Acsi has saved me as much £20 per night at a full facility site. You will be better off because if you didnt have the card you would pay the full advertised price for all your party where with the the acsi card part of the party will benefit from the often sizeable discount. You really cannot lose. There will be no restriction to the size of your party unless the site has a restriction to all clients with or without an accsi card.

We have used our card for the last 3 years, no kids mind, but 2 dogs. Several sites have never charged us for the dogs, even though they did have a separate charge, and others with notices saying only 1 dog per pitch have let us stay. I think its just how you find the owners, and be polite with your limited french. Have a good time whatever.

shaggy - 2011-03-16 12:01 PM

Thanks Carl, for the sake of 13.95 for the card it's worth turning up and trying it. We are only going for a week at Easter but any saving would be worth it.

Gavin

As previously stated, ACSI is not available at Easter, so no good to you, unless you intend to go away again this year. We find acsi brilliant, and mostly only use them, and municipal sires from CC club book. Have saved the cost of the card in one night in Spain last year.

Some of the better sites we have used no longer accept Acsi, possibly because they are now so popular and do not need to. Others now have downgraded the pitches to the smallest, most are still ok but in portugal last year we refused the worst tiny pitch on the site. I still think it`s well worth the outlay and hope to use it again this year.

alan.

We have used the ACSI card successfully for the last 3 years and have stayed on some brilliant sites all over Europe with no restrictions on where we had to pitch. Some sites that werent in the book also gave us a discount it is just that they did not charge the 11,13, or 15 euros.

We are even using it this year at a Premier site in the UK, getting a very discount on their normal prices and not having to pay extra for a dog or electricity. Some sites even accept the card instead of holding your passport. Worth every penny in our opinion.

We have used the ACSI book for the last four years with the two of us plus one extra adult on one holiday occasion and two extra adults on another holiday occasion without any problem. The extra adults were charged at the normal extra adult rate, if I remember correctly with a discount on the price as we also had our Camping Carnet.

We have also used sites during the Easter period, not all sites stop accepting ACSI at this time, the ones that don't are shown in the book.

Last year, I have to say, we also had varying degrees of quality on a couple of sites that did not live up to the write up in the book but on the whole the book has been worth its cost. We have also had a good deal on some very nice sites though it is worth checking if Municipals in the area are as cheap if not cheaper with similar specifications. If you find an ACSI site to your liking it may save the cost of the book on your stay.

Bas

We have just got the card to use all over Easter, there are loads of sites accept it over the Easter holidays, many are only interested in the peak summer holls.

Used it for 4 years now over easter and Whit half term break, excellent value.

There are 3 of us and sometimes the price of a child outweighs the benefits of the card so we move on, but not often has this happened.

Mandy

Archived