Fiat Water Ingress

Mountain_Biker

Hi

What I've done with mine is to use duck tape (waterproof) to cover the joint between the plastic scuttle and the windscreen. Its worked a treat through the winter we've just had. Clearly the scuttle and the windscreen have to be totally dry when applying. The tape is visible on the bottom of the windscreen and the top of the scuttle but isn't really noticeable unless you know its there.

Incidentally mine has the engine cover Fiat introduced to cure the problem. In my experience it doesn't cure the problem, it simply covers it up. When I took my cover off to have a look there was water sitting on the engine. Hence why I tried toe tape cure.

A couple of things worth looking at,that I noticed on our previous van(X250 Boxer),was that the single scuttle drain would clog up with pine needles,leaves etc,quite easily and this wasn't always noticeable because the blockage would occur towards the bottom of the drain hose,where it came out behind the inner wheel arch panel.I would periodically clear ours' with a blast from the hose pipe.

Also I found that water would sit in the hollows around the wiper spindles,due to the fact the drain holes in the plastic panel weren't big enough.This was easily solved by opening the holes out with a wriggle of a screwdriver.....

trevor166uk - 2011-03-20 10:11 AM

Hi

What I've done with mine is to use duck tape (waterproof) to cover the joint between the plastic scuttle and the windscreen. Its worked a treat through the winter we've just had. Clearly the scuttle and the windscreen have to be totally dry when applying. The tape is visible on the bottom of the windscreen and the top of the scuttle but isn't really noticeable unless you know its there.

Incidentally mine has the engine cover Fiat introduced to cure the problem. In my experience it doesn't cure the problem, it simply covers it up. When I took my cover off to have a look there was water sitting on the engine. Hence why I tried toe tape cure.

Servicing my motorhome yesterday, I remove the engine cover on my X250, just to check, perfectly dry ?

Archived