spare wheel,jack,and wheelbrace

murphy99

Yes I do carry a spare and the equipment I need dto change it. If I had a puncture on a bust road or motorway though I'd call my breakdown service and let them change it. My understanding is that with many suppliers of vehicles these days the spare has become an optional extra, in other words if you didn't specify that you wanted one at the time of ordering then you won't get one. It does seem a bit crazy on the face of it but how many times have I seen motorhomes with untouched spare wheels with tyres well past their use by date? Answer is I've now lost count.

D.

Thanks Dave. Just PX our 8 year old Hymer for the new one and your right the spare still sitting in it's cradle unused.! However I think we will still buy a spare just in case we shred a tyre which I know may be unlikely.!! Still waiting for Dealer to quote so will phone or send the boys round.!

Keith

A spare is just like any other kind of insurance. A waste of money until you need it then worth its weight in gold. Punctures with tyre damage in awkward places or awkward times need a replacement spare. I once shredded a tyre on the M6 and would have been stuck without a spare.

Archived