Motorhome to Amsterdam and Brussels

Keith T

Motorhome to Amsterdam and Brussels  

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thinking of a triip including the above cities in April with our motorhome, and wonder if anyone has found good campsites near the city centres, or within easy transport links. Would be looking I guess for 4-5 nights in each.

If you have any info, and if ACSI cards or otehr 'dsciount' cards accepted,plus anything we ought to see?

(have put this also on 'Sites' but generally not much response on there i find!)

I stayed at Gaasper Camping near Amsterdam - a few minutes walk to the Metro which takes you straight into the centre of the city.

Nice site, decent facilities and easy access form the motorway.

It's in the Caravan Club Europe book.

Peter

As already posted, for Amsterdam, Gaasper is good, though very busy in high season.

You should be alright in April, but it is possible to queue on the approach road for people leaving before midday, and then take up a vacant space. We did this in august, and got a very nice pitch even though it was busy.

The metro (short walk) runs at least until the early hours of the morning.

Not sure about Brussels but have stayed in a very good Municipal site in Gent, bus outside campsite into town then train into Brussels, very easy. I am staying in Brugge during the summer at Camping Memling which is again located within walking distance of the town, could get a train from there into Brussels.

Mel Wood posted this last year

“Camping Memling at Bruges

We have also stayed on what we think are good sites in Brussels and near Oudenarde. We initially found the latter site in the Camping Club's Carefree brochure.

I am sure they are both in 'Camping Europe 2' although it is a few years since we stayed at either.”

Also have a look at :-

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=22356&posts=15

Archived