Leaking Reich Pelican tap part two

Zyroman

Thanks to some earlier advice I bought a new cartridge to fit in our tap to see if that sorted the problem, someone helpfully posted pictures of the inside of the tap and it all looked easy. Went to do it at the weekend and it turns out mine is different inside. I removed the lever from the top of the tap and expected to see a large Brass nut holding the cartridge in, what I actually found was a very shallow Brass ring set well down into the tap body. This ring had two very slim flats on it's outside edge and I am guessing it needs a special tool to remove it?

Hi I have just dismantled my tap and the brass locking ring should not be tight I managed to turn it by pushing a flat blade screwdriver across the flat , it then unwound very easily. However when I removed the cartridge I could not find anything wrong with it. On removing the tap I found a crack in the threaded portion where the hot/cold push inserts were. The wall thickness at this point is very thin. Finished up changing the tap, good luck!!!!

Archived