Accessing catch on Autosleeper 'Executive' bed.

I.H.D.

Good Evening. I'm having difficulty in working out how to access the locking catch beneath the nearside long bench seat, as it is sticking and I've either bent it, or it needs lubricating. I assume the actual seat base requires to be removed in it's entirety, but cannot work out how it's done. It must be possible, as it was fitted by someone in the first instance !

I don't want to break anything in my ignorance, as it's still possible to use the catch, albeit with difficulty.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards.

Derek.

:'(

Check that there is nothing caught up either in the catch itself or the moving part of the bed support. It might be a small item of clothing or something similar.

I will take a look at my Medallion in the morning as I think it uses the same layout. I keep meaning to check if the catch spring really needs to be so strong.

Good Evening George.

Thanks for your taking the time and trouble to respond to my query.

The catch is definitely not being restricted by any trapped item and I look forward to hearing what you might have to say when you've examined your vehicle. It's very good of you to to take time to have a look at your set-up.

If I can't get to it, I'll pay a visit to the factory when I'm in the vicinity later in the year, they're usually very good when approached directly. I just don't want to bother their Service Dep't unnecessarily, if at all possible. It can't be in the realms of rocket science, or brain surgery !

Very Best Regards.

Derek.

A quick look at my easy to get at catches and reference to a A/Sleepers brochure reveals that while the Medallion accesses the long settee lockers vertically by lifting the hinged seat the Exec has drawers under the settee and getting at the catch is poor.

My guess is that a drawer or two will have to be removed. From memeory as my Clubman had them there are perhaps two or three screws at each side of the drawer holding the metal runners to the wooden drawer. Undernea the drawer slides right out allowing still difficult ( think backache) access to the catch.

I have taken a couple of pics of my catch to give some idea of how they work. Restricted space put the shot of the whole assembly a bit out of focus but the macro shot of the business end is better.

Hope this helps.

1574321855_Medallionseatcatch2015.jpg.68c733fbd955dd08c385f9441e8b4440.jpg

Good Evening George.

Apologies for the slower response this time, I've had other things requiring my attention.

Thanks for the input and photographs, one image being worth a thousand words, or something.

You are quite correct in your comments regarding my vehicle having drawers beneath the seat on that side, it also appears that my catch is of a different design to yours, at least as far as the visible lever is concerned. It was interesting to see how the internals might be arranged.

I think I'll wait until I go down to the 'Broadway' site, as I normally stay there for the Royal Enfield importers 'Open Weekend' and then I'll be able to whiz across to the Autosleeper factory premises, which are not a million miles away and let them demonstrate the bed removal proceedure. I'm pretty sure there is one.

Very Many Thanks for your doing you very best to assist, it's been a pleasure to correspond with you.

Happy camping.

Derek.

Archived