Scottish Highlands - reminder

magbrin

As from 1st April we will again be welcoming wild campers to our nursery for free stopovers, until the end of September.

We are close to Inverness, Loch Ness and not far from the Cairngorm National Park - and very central if you are touring the Highlands.

For more information visit www.brinherbnursery.co.uk

Look forward to seeing you soon

Magbrin

Magbrin,

Up your way in June, so will pop in and buy some Plants, whether we stay or not, thankyou for the great gesture. Hope your venture prospers. Why not sell us some 'bacon butties' for breakfast too ??

Regards Ray,Linda and Wendy (the Black labrador). ;-)

Just been to your Website and see you have a Cafe..... great ! now while the missus rummages through the plants, i can have a coffee and a bacon buttie. :->

No snow Pelmetman, until the lambing snow - sometime between mid April & mid May :-(

Rayjsj - 2011-03-27 11:37 AM

Magbrin,

Up your way in June, so will pop in and buy some Plants, whether we stay or not, thankyou for the great gesture. Hope your venture prospers. Why not sell us some 'bacon butties' for breakfast too ??

Regards Ray,Linda and Wendy (the Black labrador). ;-)

Just been to your Website and see you have a Cafe..... great ! now while the missus rummages through the plants, i can have a coffee and a bacon buttie. :->

Look forward ot seeing you - bacon buttie awaits:-D

You too, StewartJ

We might be up earlier in the year than we first thought Margaret. At current fuel prices I will probably need a sub off you for the diesel to get home. :D

I hope the thread on extortionate site fees is not giving you ideas. ;-)

That is the real reason we are coming earlier. :$

Guest Tracker

I reckon that this website needs a bit more publicity - so here is a bit!

http://www.airedrivewaysuk.co.uk/register.php

We have the space to join and would welcome visitors - well mostly - but access is a bit tight for the unwary or very large vans especially in the dark or bad weather - not that it rains that often in Norfolk - and reversing out due to the presence of other vehicles is definately not for the faint hearted either!

We too hope to visit the rainy lands again soon and would be delighted to take you up on your very generous offer.

Hope to see you soon, 747. Diesel prices coming down :-D :-S :-( :-(

No subs, but free stopovers and if you come before we get CS status no maximum stay :D

Tracker - have responded to your Aires thread - unfortunately it's giving up :-( But we look forward to seeing you when you get to the Highlands. As indicated above - no max. if you get in before we get CS status - after that 1 (-2) nights max.

We have also joined Britstops - www.britstops.co uk - hopefully this one will work :-D

Guest Tracker

Thanks Margaret - we would be quite happy to pay you a sensible CS rate for the night as we don't expect anyone to provide facilities for nowt!

You are, after all, running a business which is supposed to generate enough income for you to live comfortably and carry on trading!

Tracker - 2011-03-28 8:18 AM

Thanks Margaret - we would be quite happy to pay you a sensible CS rate for the night as we don't expect anyone to provide facilities for nowt!

You are, after all, running a business which is supposed to generate enough income for you to live comfortably and carry on trading!

We work on the principle of France Passion - free parking and most people will buy something - but there is NO pressure. Most people will spend a bit................

BTW I would be interested in what you think a "sensible" rate for CS? On the basis of your first night being free, do you consider £7.50 - £8 without HU and perhaps £10 with EHU as sensible (we do not have EHU yet - we will put it in once we have had some punters through the gate!

Guest Tracker
magbrin - 2011-03-28 8:38 AM

BTW I would be interested in what you think a "sensible" rate for CS? On the basis of your first night being free, do you consider £7.50 - £8 without HU and perhaps £10 with EHU as sensible (we do not have EHU yet - we will put it in once we have had some punters through the gate!

We never use ehu so I am one of they cantankerous old codgers that hates paying for something I don't want if I don't have to!

Around the price suggested should be acceptable to most folks for a nice quiet location with basic facilites - a tap and a loo point is all we need - and something of interest to look at is the icing on the cake - so yes we would be happy to pay it.

But why make the first night free? The first night is when 'one nighters' like us fill and empty so why should it be free? Fair doos all round?

Maybe a discount for second and/or subsequent nights would appeal to others - I don't know - and we might even return for a second night - who knows - we are so nomadic just wandering where the whim takes us without ever pre booking?

We are all different and that is just my personal view - maybe others will add their own two pennerth?

PS - Your web link from your profile does not work but this one does!

http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk/index.asp

Tracker - 2011-03-28 10:11 AM

magbrin - 2011-03-28 8:38 AM

We never use ehu so I am one of they cantankerous old codgers that hates paying for something I don't want if I don't have to!

Around the price suggested should be acceptable to most folks for a nice quiet location with basic facilites - a tap and a loo point is all we need - and something of interest to look at is the icing on the cake - so yes we would be happy to pay it.

But why make the first night free? The first night is when 'one nighters' like us fill and empty so why should it be free? Fair doos all round?

Maybe a discount for second and/or subsequent nights would appeal to others - I don't know - and we might even return for a second night - who knows - we are so nomadic just wandering where the whim takes us without ever pre booking?

We are all different and that is just my personal view - maybe others will add their own two pennerth?

PS - Your web link from your profile does not work but this one does!

http://www.brinherbnursery.co.uk/index.asp

I take your point, Tracker, and we may re-think a bit but the reason for first night free is that it is for forum members only - which is what we did last year. If they want to stay longer then they will pay CS price.

Non forum members , on CS, will not get a free night and probably won't get a discount until they stay a week.

Would welcome other thoughts :-D

And thanks for pointing out the link problem. Should be ok now :D

Guest Tracker

With respect Margaret, it would make no difference to us whether we were forum members or not because if we needed a night's stopover and we were in your area we would be delighted to find somewhere friendly at a sensible price.

A warm forum welcome would be lovely bonus and might persuade us to drive a few extra miles but your need is to run a business and we would be happy to pay a reasonable site fee?

On the other hand a few more miles for a free night is even more of an attraction for a tight old codger like me!

Can I say that my experience of buying live plants when away from home for more than a day or two can be a pain in the bum and generally not worth the hassle of having to water and store them and that too might prevent many campers from buying?

That said - all freebies are gratefully accepted - and I am not knocking your very generous philosophy - just trying to be fair and see it from both sides as cl/cs sites are very rare up North.

I wonder if others see it the same or differently?

No doubt some of 'em will soon tell us!

When we toured the Outer Hebrides for three weeks we met up with a lady travelling on her own who took her pot plants with her on holiday.

They were placed in a line outside the van and regularly fed and watered.

If you like plants surely they are no more trouble on holiday than a pet ?

;-)

malc d - 2011-03-30 9:51 PM

When we toured the Outer Hebrides for three weeks we met up with a lady travelling on her own who took her pot plants with her on holiday.

They were placed in a line outside the van and regularly fed and watered.

If you like plants surely they are no more trouble on holiday than a pet ?

;-)

Now you tell me!!!!! 8-)

I wish I had thought of pot plants instead of pets. :D

Archived