London Demo

antony1969

Marching in the name of cuts . How much money has it cost to police and tidy up after those freaks and class war warriors have caused havoc in London today . If they were so bloody concerned about the cuts why have us wasting millions to police a demo that will make no difference what so ever and will probably just make public opinion even less sympathetic to there cause

In principle I agree with you but have to admit that it warms my heart a little to see these big tax evaders being hit where it hurts, in the pocket so I agree with that part of it.

What they should do is simply go into these shops/banks and quietly set off two smoke bombs and then inocently walk out again.

Think I might like to become involved in that sort of thing as it could easilly be organised to close every shop/bank in the country at least once every week.

I would prefer to do it to the banks myself

Syd - 2011-03-26 4:26 PM

In principle I agree with you but have to admit that it warms my heart a little to see these big tax evaders being hit where it hurts, in the pocket so I agree with that part of it.

What they should do is simply go into these shops/banks and quietly set off two smoke bombs and then inocently walk out again.

Think I might like to become involved in that sort of thing as it could easilly be organised to close every shop/bank in the country at least once every week.

I would prefer to do it to the banks myself

Doh.

Ok, for the 480th time:

It was NOT all the UK banks that nobbed up.

It was only 4 UK banks; and indeed the UK Labour Government itself to a MUCH greater degree than any banks, borrowing like no tomorrow.

The majority of banks operating in the UK were and remain prudently run, and required NO taxpayer bailout at all, eg Barclays, Santander etc.

It was the Labour GOVERNMENT decision to use taxpayers money to bail out the two worst bakrupt basket cases........which should have simply been allowed to go bust and shut down, just like any other bust private sector business.

And EVEN within the few UK banks that nobbed up, it was NOT the retail divisions (branches) of those banks that did so, it was the Investment/Trading divisions.....totally different business.

Far too many people have swallowed Governmnet spin on this: the reason why the UK Public Finances are shot to pieces is NOT because of "the banks".

It is not even because of the two "bad banks".

It is because Labour borrowed trillions of pounds to fund the loony expansion of the Public sector; all of which debt has to be paid back by UK taxpayers in the decades to come.

Bailing out the two "bad banks" was a tiny, miniscule, drop in the ocean compared to the month-after-month-after-month, year-after-year-after year Public Sector spending spree that Labour were on.

Britain suffered recession NOT because a couple of banks had most of their shares bought by the Government, but because the Government debt was so massive that it became unsustainable.

Right now, over 14% of TOTAL GDP in the UK is going JUST on paying the interest only on accumulated Government borrowing. let alone having to pay back the capital amounts as they fall due in the years to come.

This isn't a choice issue any longer.

The UK HAS to spend MUCH less on its Public Sector. A whole lot less.

The present spend level is completely unsustainable........and has been so for getting on for two decades now.....it's been funded by idiot borrowing during boom years, but the UK has run out of credit.

Guest Tracker

These fake demos are just carefully orchestrated union days out in which the unions try to justify their own existence in 'protecting' all those fake jobs created in the public sector mainly to cover up the failure of successive governments to stimulate the private and self employed sectors.

Too many years of 'profit' being a dirty word - unlesss you wre exploiting the stupidity and naivity of public service managers - and now it's pay back time in a big way.

Guest Peter James
I'd tell them to get a real job making something we can sell abroad. Or bugger off abroad and leech off somewhere else. But the Government will cave in because is easier to go on printing money to pay them. The Government is getting hooked on inflating their debts away. Trouble is when you do that you end up with no food in the shops. Nobody wants to trade with you because nobody wants your currency.

Guest Peter James
BGD - 2011-03-26 5:13 PM

It was the Labour GOVERNMENT decision to use taxpayers money to bail out the two worst bakrupt basket cases........which should have simply been allowed to go bust and shut down, just like any other bust private sector business.

There were good reasons to support them before things got out of hand, and good reasons to let them go bust.

But by dithering about until there was a full scale run on a high street bank, then bailing them out, we got the worst of both worlds.

Biggest criminal of the day in London , Red Milliband waving and wagging his finger acting as if this hole were in was" nowt to do we me guv " . The day the unions cast there vote for Red was a great day for the rest of us cos with him and Ed Balls up at the top table you would have to be a complete clot to vote for em . Long live the unions

Thank goodness for the police to keep us safe from these (it's not nice to insult people)s. Let us hope CCTV and surveillance will track them down and bang them up. Sad thing is the images from TV will go around the world and show us up. Sad, very sad.

Guest peter
antony1969 - 2011-03-26 4:00 PM

Marching in the name of cuts . How much money has it cost to police and tidy up after those freaks and class war warriors have caused havoc in London today . If they were so bloody concerned about the cuts why have us wasting millions to police a demo that will make no difference what so ever and will probably just make public opinion even less sympathetic to there cause

But if they manage to bring about advantageous change, you will happily reap the benefit no doubt.

A bit like the scabs did during strikes that ended with better conditions.

Peter , I will bet 50 english pence that this demo will not alter anything and anyway I dont want it to alter anything . In my opinion the cuts are justified . As for scabs I am unsure what you mean as the term scab I know was mainly used for brave miners who dared to step over the picket line and go back to work while " Scargill " killed the mining industry or Murdochs move from Fleet Street

Guest Tracker
JudgeMental - 2011-03-26 7:27 PM

Trust you lot to come up with such bigoted drival....get a life?

Instead of 'bigoted drivel' why not politely present your own point of view so that we can all benefit from understanding your perspective?

I don't know about you but I have a great life already thanks, but thank you for the kind suggestion!

Guest peter
antony1969 - 2011-03-26 6:29 PM

Biggest criminal of the day in London , Red Milliband waving and wagging his finger acting as if this hole were in was" nowt to do we me guv " . The day the unions cast there vote for Red was a great day for the rest of us cos with him and Ed Balls up at the top table you would have to be a complete clot to vote for em . Long live the unions

The British seem to have very short memories as regards the Tories. Remember Thatcher? yes, that's the one. She is almost singularly responsible for the state of British industry today.

She decimated the engineering sector, so we now make hardly anything.

Also remember who nearly bankrupted this country with the catastrophic membership of the E.R.M which Lamont and Major oversaw and made us a laughing stock.

What about 15% interest rates (twice), 3 Million unemployed, Nothing done for pensioners, selling off of all the utilities who are now ripping us all off.

One thing Thatcher did get right, then bottled out because of public unrest, was the Poll Tax.

Don't be fooled into thinking that they have changed either. Call me Dave is a chip off the old block and as for Clegg, words fail me.

Guest peter
antony1969 - 2011-03-26 8:24 PM

Peter , I will bet 50 english pence that this demo will not alter anything and anyway I dont want it to alter anything . In my opinion the cuts are justified . As for scabs I am unsure what you mean as the term scab I know was mainly used for brave miners who dared to step over the picket line and go back to work while " Scargill " killed the mining industry or Murdochs move from Fleet Street

50p? your not very confident then. Are you saying ALL the cuts are justified? I agree most are, but some aren't including the sure start scheme for young parents and their children.

Guest peter
antony1969 - 2011-03-26 8:34 PM

Peter , do you not remember what British industry was like before her majesty , you do remember the 70s dont ya . Sick man of Europe and all that

I won't try and bring you to your senses any more. You are obviously suffering from a hopeless case of Thatcheritis Toryosis. (lol)

Guest pelmetman

I'm starting to think Arts got the right idea.........don't bother voting as they are all a waste of space *-)

In the past I have voted for them all *-) With age and hindsite the only one who made sense was Lord Such :D

In Huddersfield 50pence is a tidy little sum and I have had my spending money cut . I will say cuts are required across the board , there will be some cuts especially those involving children that would be more unpopular than others . We all have different opinions on the current mess and who is to blame , my view is the Viv Nicholson approach to spending by the previous shower is the main reason

pelmetman - 2011-03-26 8:25 PM

I get the feeling the Public sector have not realised there is no money left 8-) (lol) (lol)

The normal folk in the Public Sector DO know there is no money left. It is the Government that do not know otherwise they would not be sending it abroad to support foreign communities in International Aid, or spending £2m a day bombing Libya in a civil war that does not concern us. So please stop having a go at the 'normal people' who just happen to have jobs in the public sector and trying to to support themselves and their families. When you make your general sweeping statements 'the Public sector this, the Public sector that' would you include the Police who were out there on the streets of London today, having all sorts thrown at them, not by those on the 'peaceful' demonstration in Hyde Park but the Anarchists. If you lump them in to "those in the public sector", because that is the side of the fence they are on, then perhaps they should have stayed at home and saved the country some money, mind you if they had stayed at home because they no longer had there Public Sector Employment then they would have been claiming benefits because there is no work in the Private Sector. Same with the Council workers (Public Sector) who will have to clean up the mess, no more jobs guys stay at home, claim benefits instead.

Yes, changes have to be made, No there is insufficent money to keep spending, and No it is not the everyday Office administrator, Nurse, Policeman etc. etc (employed within the Public Sector) that created this, it was those in much higher priviledged positions. So yes, vent your anger, frustration whatever, but vent it at those that deserve it.

Guest peter
The problem is, those in the higher priviledged positions will still be in their ivory towers when the axe falls. Or accept a nice little nest egg if nearing retirement. >:-)

peter - 2011-03-26 9:04 PM

The problem is, those in the higher priviledged positions will still be in their ivory towers when the axe falls. Or accept a nice little nest egg if nearing retirement. >:-)

AHA and EUREKA !! me thinks you have discovered the real issue :D :D

Guest pelmetman
Big Momma - 2011-03-26 9:00 PM

pelmetman - 2011-03-26 8:25 PM

I get the feeling the Public sector have not realised there is no money left 8-) (lol) (lol)

The normal folk in the Public Sector DO know there is no money left. It is the Government that do not know otherwise they would not be sending it abroad to support foreign communities in International Aid, or spending £2m a day bombing Libya in a civil war that does not concern us. So please stop having a go at the 'normal people' who just happen to have jobs in the public sector and trying to to support themselves and their families. When you make your general sweeping statements 'the Public sector this, the Public sector that' would you include the Police who were out there on the streets of London today, having all sorts thrown at them, not by those on the 'peaceful' demonstration in Hyde Park but the Anarchists. If you lump them in to "those in the public sector", because that is the side of the fence they are on, then perhaps they should have stayed at home and saved the country some money, mind you if they had stayed at home because they no longer had there Public Sector Employment then they would have been claiming benefits because there is no work in the Private Sector. Same with the Council workers (Public Sector) who will have to clean up the mess, no more jobs guys stay at home, claim benefits instead.

Yes, changes have to be made, No there is insufficent money to keep spending, and No it is not the everyday Office administrator, Nurse, Policeman etc. etc (employed within the Public Sector) that created this, it was those in much higher priviledged positions. So yes, vent your anger, frustration whatever, but vent it at those that deserve it.

Oop's have I hit a raw nerve BM 8-) .......My post was in part tongue in cheek, hence the 8-) (lol) (lol)

As for foreign aid you are leaning against an open door here ;-) But I still think Gadaffi needs taking out, though it should of been done years ago when the Yanks bombed Lybia......they missed as usual *-)

Archived