Campsites on the coast near Bordeaux please?

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman

Asking this on behalf of my brother...............he's only a tugger poor soul :D

He's looking ideally for a site on the beach, any suggestions please B-)

Guest pelmetman
antony1969 - 2011-03-26 7:00 PM

Has he tried Huddersfield , theres no coast but our local dogging area Scammonden Dam has plenty a watter

Sounds too posh for my brother :D

This may not be quite near enough to Bordeaux Dave, but we can thouroughly recommend it.

Right on the beach, lovely walking and cycling. We went in late Sept and used camping cheques so it was good value, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's €40 ish per night in high season.

http://www.bois-soleil.com/WD140AWP/WD140AWP/CTX_29631-87-uzEYinMwqm/Page1/SYNC_-204731464

Martyn

Guest pelmetman
LordThornber - 2011-03-26 8:21 PM

This may not be quite near enough to Bordeaux Dave, but we can thouroughly recommend it.

Right on the beach, lovely walking and cycling. We went in late Sept and used camping cheques so it was good value, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's €40 ish per night in high season.

http://www.bois-soleil.com/WD140AWP/WD140AWP/CTX_29631-87-uzEYinMwqm/Page1/SYNC_-204731464

Martyn

Thanks Martyn B-) Just emailed the site to my brother...........didn't tell him the price though :D .......

we stayed at campsite in 2009 near Bordeaux - not sure how close to coast though. It was called Bordeaux Lac - it had only just opened and had excellent faciltities. cost in 2009 25 euro per night in July. bus service during week into city but had to walk 3 km to nearest tram stop to get into the city on Sunday.

Camping Pasteur

Rue du Pilote, 33740 Arès, France

+33 5 56 60 33 33 ?

atlantic-vacances.com

We stayed here in the autumn, around October, of 2009. Very nice site, close to beach. Bought some oysters from the fishermen's huts, just up the bay, took two seats to the beach, about two minute's away, and sat on the beach knocking back cheap but decent fizz with the oysters as the sun went down. We needed fleeces but it was just lovely and very quiet. The site is small so I should think booking at holiday times is a must. There are cycling/walking tracks all round the Basin and the town has everything you might need.

Coincidentally, it was on this site I realised I was too bloody old for camping and it was about time I bought a 'van.

We had been for a very long walk round the bay and were sitting at the door of the tent preparing some food with our little camp stove. The table we used was about 12" high and I was bent over it using a small basin of water to prepare some salad. As usual in the evenings the air was a little damp, but we are used to it. We're ruffty tuffty campers.

This Italian chap pulls in to the pitch right next to us in this gleaming 'van. Sorry, no idea of the make as vans weren't really on my horizon then.

He looks out the window, nods and smiles, next thing, I hear him singing in his shower as his wife busies round the kitchen and produces this amazing smelling pasta dish in no time.

I can see them at the table him freshly showered knocking back the chianti in their nice dry van while I'm in my tent thinking, you're 53 isn't it about time?

It was. I started looking when we got home.

If your brother goes there, tell him to think of me in my tent.

Best wishes

Colin

DSC_0060.JPG.38445ebcc6fc81b0d2fb0807607f3051.JPG

Guest pelmetman
thanks man with a Tom Tom :D ........and glad you have come to your senses and ditched the tent at last (lol) ..........better late than never :D

thirtle26 - 2011-03-27 12:30 PM

we stayed at campsite in 2009 near Bordeaux - not sure how close to coast though. It was called Bordeaux Lac - it had only just opened and had excellent faciltities. cost in 2009 25 euro per night in July. bus service during week into city but had to walk 3 km to nearest tram stop to get into the city on Sunday.

We stayed here in 2010, but found it needs to mature, and pitches were small and not well enough delineated. Facilities very good, and the bus service not bad.OK for Bordeaux city, but not really near coast, though on ring road with easy access to city.

Would help to be more specific about where on the coast though, as there are loads of sites, especailly around the Arcachon/Pila area, or on the on the northern part Gironde/Aquitane, many of which are listed in the CC Continental Guide.

Archived