Sigma 30S alarm fault

camperadi

I hope some one can help!. I have a 2004 Chausson Welcome 27 on a MK VI Ford Transit. The above alarm will not set properly. When you press the set button it Bleeps 24 times then goes off. The handbook states that if you count the bleeps you can isolate the fault. The chart for this only goes up to 16 bleeps. Although I have the pin number the fixed key pad has no effect on this procedure. The system has 2 movement sensors and the all normal van sensors to include garage. All visually seem good with no loose wires. If I knew where the alarm box was located or where the fuse is I would disconnect the power supply so it could reset in the hope that would resolve things. Finally the reverse light don t work. I have checked the fuse and bulb so was going to look at the switch later. Just mentioned this in case it has a anything to do with the alarm. Over to any one who might be able to help PLEASE Stuart

The reverse light will almost definitely have nothing whatsoever to do with the alarm issue.

The most likely fault with your alarm is a door switch not making properly. I'm not familiar with the wiring of the Sigma alarm but the door switches, if they are the magnetic reed switch type are likely to be wired in series. I'd suggest you start at the switch nearest the front and go through them all in turn till you find the one that is faulty/not making. you will need to remove each switch in turn and check it with a meter to establish if it makes/breaks when its magnet is close by.

D.

Thanks for your prompt reply Dave. I should have time this weekend for checking. The nearest switch is under the bonnet then both van doors. these three switches are all press switches. The habitation and garage doors look to be the magnetic type. My question is when checking them do i put the red probe to the red wires black probe to the black wire and then place the magnet next to the switch body. Electrics are not my strong subject, although I want to try basic stuff before I give up and take to an expert. Any advice greatfully received. Stuart

Hi, I have had a particular fault on my Sigma alarm fitted to a Ford Mk7/Autosleeper and the accomodation door needs to be fully closed on the 2nd latch position (ie very firmly shut/slammed) otherwise the alarm will not set, then when any door is opened the damn thing sets with the door open. Then close and open any door and off it goes waking the whole site up. Hitting the pad with the code then resets everything.

I could'nt find the fault and contacted the installer who checked the system and pronounced it fit and well, but said make sure that the door, bonnet etc were properly closed. All this was in my case free, the system being 9 months old. I was pleased with the advice that I was given and gave a generous "drink" to the fitter, who then ran through the whole system with me to ensure my confidence

So in summary and although it may cost you, is your system is older? I would suggest that you contact a Sigma installer and get professional advice and a health check for your system. Touch wood my system has behaved itself since.

Archived