Aqua 8 waterpump leak

afandy

Hi my Aqua 8 water pump started to leak at the end of last year,So now i want to replace it....Ive noticed there's a newer version out there.. any one have had there's replaced?...My original one is fitted on a 2003 van and didnt switch off when the water in the shower was turned off....the advert on the net explains that it fits as a direct replacement for mine...Hope it does ;-)

Brambles - 2011-03-29 2:46 PM

I understand you can get the parts to repair them which might be a much cheaper option if you like fiddling with parts.

I'll probably do that with the old one but still will renew the unit...

Guest Tracker

Sometimes the jubilee or whatever clips or unions come loose or the plastic tube hardens and creates a leak and because it is under pressure on the inboard end it can look as if the pump is leaking? It might be worth checking and reseating these if there is any doubt?

On the other hand it never hurts to have a spare pump, regulator, gas bottle, water tank, leisure battery, engine, gearbox - just in case!

Guest Tracker
Brambles - 2011-03-29 7:33 PM

..............and sink plug.

Absolutely - I wear it close my heart - in fact I should get another one just in case just in case and to balance it up on t'other side!

Hi again afandy,

Just had a look at the new aqua8. Is this the aqua8 iSensor you are getting because I like it what I read. Senses pressure and alters speed to suit so no stop starting with low flow rates from a tap. If so would be interesting if you post back how you find it in use.

Jon.

Brambles - 2011-03-29 8:51 PM

Hi again afandy,

Just had a look at the new aqua8. Is this the aqua8 iSensor you are getting because I like it what I read. Senses pressure and alters speed to suit so no stop starting with low flow rates from a tap. If so would be interesting if you post back how you find it in use.

Jon.

Hi Jon...Yes your also impressed with that one like me....i'm just hoping it fits straight where the old one did...it does say in the advert it does,but these sales people are not allways 100% accurate when they are selling something are they?

Guest peter
Brambles - 2011-03-29 2:46 PM

I understand you can get the parts to repair them which might be a much cheaper option if you like fiddling with parts.

I suppose it all depends who's parts he's fiddling with. (lol) :$

afandy,

Yes it will fit - the dimensions or pipe fittings and mount are identical, also the overall length. The only difference is the size of the pump part/pressure switch looks bulkier. So only problem would be if you have any pipes or cables very close around the pump end.

Peter. Why do you always, at every opportunity it seems, bring smut into the conversation?

Archived