ERiba Hymer 530

Deeb

Hi

Can anyone advise me on my Eriba Hymer 530, 2000 model French, for some reason the light is not coming on, on the electric water heater/thermostat. It is a gas fired boiler. It was okay last summer but after winter storage the water heater is not working. All fuses have been checked the security valve appears to be okay. I have fitted a new leisure battery recently. I am new to this and it is our 1st camper. I have had a experienced camper van near neighbour have a look at it and he checked most things but we have still not solved the problem. Any help advise please.

regards Dave

Come on you teckie folks - surely someone can help Dave with his problem. At least welcome him to the forum! He is a newcomer and this is his first motorhome. I have told him how clever you all are at sorting out mysterious malfunctions, please don't let me down. :-(

Vixter

Hi, Firstly I think it would help if you would let us know which model of Truma heater is in the van and possibly someone could come up with an answer to the problem if they knew.

Another way around it is to go onto the Truma web site search, armed with the model number etc and it highly possible you will find all you need to know.

Plus you can download the instruction manual if you dont already have one.

Hi Deeb, welcome to the mad house. :-D

Did you drain down your boiler over winter? If not, it could be that your boiler has frozen and is kaput, but I'm not sure if this would affect the light.

I assume you have checked that the leisure battery has some life in it by seeing if other 12v things work?

Although the light doesn't come on, does the boiler actually heat the water? If so, it could be the light unit/bulb (or whatever it is) that has blown.

Archived