Fiat 2 year service

jhorsf

well I have just had a quote for a 2 year service from a well known fiat dealer in Stoke are you sitting down £471 no I will not be using their services thank you it should be called Pratts :D

how much do you pay I wonder?

Just been quoted £550 for Hab and Chassis 8-)

I had the 'low mileage' Fiat service done last year at 1 year old and apparently need the full monty this time round.

Still deciding if its worth getting the hab service done as we're just about out of warranty :-S

You are not forced to use a Fiat main dealer for servicing.

An authorised or recognised garage will do. This could be Peugeot, Citroen or Independant. Have a look in the Fiat handbook that you got with the van for local garages.

Had our 2 year service yesterday @ Hartwell Grimsby - £248

Just checked last year (low mileage service) £76

Both inclusive of all parts & VAT.

Thought that pretty reasonable for the biggest Main Dealer in town.

(Ford,Peugeot, Nissan Cars & Commercials)

747 - 2011-03-29 7:31 PM

An authorised or recognised garage will do. This could be Peugeot, Citroen or Independant. Have a look in the Fiat handbook that you got with the van for local garages.

I thought of that but I have a couple of recall items - possible software upgrade and gearbox bolts and I gather that third party dealers might not be able to do both.

747 - 2011-03-29 7:31 PM

Thanks for that one 747 - I'm shopping around as I type :-D

Dave Newell - 2011-03-29 7:51 PM

We charge £126 plus parts for a FULL base vehicle service, this includes removing all road wheels and checking brakes etc. Service parts costs vary according to base vehicle but as a rough guide £70-£80. These prices include 20% VAT ;-) .

D.

Slightly of the subject, these 2.3 in the very near future will be needing cambelt changes, Platts of Stoke quoted £500 +, that nearly £400 in labour ?

Melvin - 2011-03-30 2:11 PM

Dave Newell - 2011-03-29 7:51 PM

We charge £126 plus parts for a FULL base vehicle service, this includes removing all road wheels and checking brakes etc. Service parts costs vary according to base vehicle but as a rough guide £70-£80. These prices include 20% VAT ;-) .

D.

Slightly of the subject, these 2.3 in the very near future will be needing cambelt changes, Platts of Stoke quoted £500 +, that nearly £400 in labour ?

Melvin

Why no PM Dave for a quote (?) (?)

He's not that far from you.

Archived