Adria Polaris SL - has anyone bought one??

LMC Camper

Hi - I am looking to change my 'twin beds over a garage low profile LMC' for a newer model and see that the Adria Polaris SL fits that catagory. However, despite its good reviews last year I see very few for sale new or used (maybe a bit early for second hand). Why is this? Has nobody bought one? The new price is eye watering mainly I guess because of the Euro exchange rate.

And no we don't have that sort of cash to splash, but maybe a second hand one...

Any comments anyone?

Hi,

Don't know about the Polaris, but our recently aquired 2009 Compact SL suits us very well.

This is our third Adria, after two new Twins, my wife has found that the "two beds over the garage" layout is much easier to live with, and although I would have still been happy with our our 2008 Twin, I must admit, that she is right (as usual). On all three vans, the Adria workmanship has been excellent, with none of the problems allegedly found in some other makes of new vans.

Incidently, after the reverse gear fiasco with the 2008 model, I thoroughly tested the Compact before buying, and found it to be acceptable, and at least as good as the modified Twin. I think the 130 bhp engine might help.

i have also driven, Mercedes, Volkswagen and Renault "white vans" and they all appear to have higher reverse gear ratios than I would choose, given the option.

Hi - Thanks for the comment.

We went to the Bath and West Show last weekend and bought an Adria Matrix 680SP from Chelstons. Excellent deal and trade in.

Much better garage than the LMC and impressive quality vehicle as you mention. The lounge area is particularly good.

Looking forwad to the large tranverse rear bed and will use the drop down bed when we have family with us.

Hi,

We bought our "Compact" from Chelstons, and were also given a good deal.

£5000 more in part exchange than offered by another dealer, new water filter fitted and gaslow system from old van swqpped, all as part of the deal.

We are still waiting for the weight upgrade (also part of the deal) and corrected logbook (2 belted seats shown ,not 4 as in fact fitted) to come through. I think that this delay is the fault of the DVLA, I understand they are taking up to 8 weeks to deal with such matters.

Enjoy your new van, from my experience I'm sure you will.

Archived