New French Eurotunnel Layout

Way2Go

Important travel information - NEW French Terminal Layout

To further improve your travel experience, a new layout of our French Terminal is now in place.

After proceeding through Check-In, you now clear border controls prior to accessing our French Passenger Terminal Building. This enables you to relax in the comfort of our Terminal until your booked departure is called. Simply follow the revised signage and directions given by our Terminal staff.

If you require any further information, please call our Contact Centre on 08443 35 35 35. Opening times are:

08:00 - 19:00 Monday to Friday

08:00 - 17:30 Saturday and Bank Holidays

09:00 - 17:30 Sunday

(please note above timings are UK time)

For the latest real-time travel information for both the UK & French Terminals, please call our 24 hour Customer Information Line +44 (0)8444 63 00 00.

We wish you a pleasant journey with Eurotunnel.

Guest JudgeMental
There was some BIG ques on French side coming back feb half term......Going again over Easter to pick up new van from Germany all being well, I just love this service :-D

It's about time they did something about the queues on the French side.  I'm certainly not anti-French but we always seem to spend longer queueing to get through immigration than at Folkstone.

I agree regarding it being efficient.  Just love being able to roll-on, roll-off in just over 1/2 hour.  That 35 minute break is good for cleaning the wing mirrors, tracking down that rattle and setting the sat nav to +1 hour and changing miles to kilometres.

It's also much better now that you can again turn up and have a choice of which train you want to travel on (subject to availability) and is back to the old days prior to the post 9/11 security restrictions where you could only travel on the train you booked.

We've been using Tesco vouchers for our trips for the last few years so the crossings are always free seeing that you have to buy food anyway :-) 

JudgeMental - 2011-03-31 10:16 PM

There was some BIG ques on French side coming back feb half term......Going again over Easter to pick up new van from Germany all beig well, I just love this service :-D

Hi Judge, got agree I wont travel any other way unless forced. Hope all goes well with the new van. Barrie

off topic .we use eurotunnel every year with tesco points.how do you get round having to book the return train time and turn up at that time ,would like to come back when i want .if we booked two weeks and the suns out may want to stop a few days longer .thanks

you cannot get a flexible ticket with tesco vouchers.

We too would love to turn up anytime but have only managed yo get on a couple of hours early.

has anyone got on a day or 2 early or late or are you charged?

chris

Its just the same as changing an outward date or time, ring up and ask to change the date/time, the price prevailing determines whether you pay more or not, you can usually ask for a similar priced trip and they'll tell you what's available. There's no admendment charge.

I've changed outward and return trip dates a couple of times (due to a van problem and the very cold weather in december 2010) and didn't have to pay anything

cheers alan

" agree regarding it being efficient. Just love being able to roll-on, roll-off in just over 1/2 hour. That 35 minute break is good for cleaning the wing mirrors, tracking down that rattle and setting the sat nav to +1 hour and changing miles to kilometres."

We've not ben held up on either side but we have travelled a silly o'clock :-D A well as the above we always have a thermos of hot water and have a coffee and croissant (lol)

• 2 weeks later...
chris - 2011-04-01 10:21 PM

you cannot get a flexible ticket with tesco vouchers.

We too would love to turn up anytime but have only managed yo get on a couple of hours early.

has anyone got on a day or 2 early or late or are you charged?

chris

We too love the flexibility of the tunnel and use frequent traveller tickets. We usually book our journies for as late as possible then turn up whenever we like beforehand - up to 18 hours early so far - if you choose a peak time crossing at the check-in it will be £20 extra or you can choose to waiit at the terminal for your booked time.

You can also cancel at the last minute (some say after proposed time too) with no penalty. The staff are always most helpful - when travelling by car or MH... We are off in the MH next Thursday for 10 days - can't wait!! B-)

Like the new layout at the French side too - must admit it took us by surprise last week when we came back though!! *-)

We use Frequent Traveller Account and cannot beat it as it works well for us its so flexible to travel with , I came home last Monday and found the new layout on the French side a lot lot better.We will be opening a new account in the next couple of weeks.

Just off topic purchases made on our Nationwide Debit Card incurred a 2% charge ,but those made on our Nationwide Credit Card did not incure any extra charges.

kelly58 - 2011-04-13 2:28 PM

We use Frequent Traveller Account and cannot beat it as it works well for us its so flexible to travel with , I came home last Monday and found the new layout on the French side a lot lot better.We will be opening a new account in the next couple of weeks.

Just off topic purchases made on our Nationwide Debit Card incurred a 2% charge ,but those made on our Nationwide Credit Card did not incure any extra charges.

Thanks for the Nationwide update, we'll load up the credit card then :-D

us can see a bit of a flaw in the new eurotunnel layout me ansums. dus this mean that trains from folkstone will be departing from the left tunnel and the trains from calais will be departing from the right tunnel? If so, my biddies, there cood be a bit of a problem!

fulminatingfred

Must admit to never ever being held up on the French side :-) maybe that is because we always cross between 7.00.and 8.00am .

Can anyone tell me has the Pets Passport area changed? I hope not as we can get lost anyway between there and getting on the train.

Archived