Sat Navs for an Ignorant Kiwi

alistair

Hi Alastair

They keep changing the rules for getting MapSource, so you don't surprise me!  If you mean you can see two copies of the maps in MapSource (i.e on PC), you should be able to see them by going to Control Panel, Add and remove programs.  Then highlight the one you don't want, and click uninstall (possibly depending on Windows version, but I think are all fairly similar).  If you can see two copies on the Nuvi, there may be a tick box against each.  If the second copy causes problems, untick it, and the Nuvi will ignore it.  However, look at the version numbers of the two mapsets, as they may be different, one possibly being a part set.  Usually, a subsequent download will overwrite the installed maps completely, unless somehow you selected a different set.  Try this link to see if it helps: http://tinyurl.com/2u83vlz  My 760 now has insufficient memory for the full European set, so they are installed part to the Nuvi and part to SD.  The Nuvi just uses whichever bit matches where it is without faltering - so far!  :-)

Hope this helps.

Archived