Have I got an air lock?

sueb

Having drained down the water system, the tap in the kitchen area of our camper van will now only work if the tap in the washroom is on. Could this be an airlock or something more technical? I would appreciate any suggestions.

If you have Micro switches on your taps that switch the pump on as you open an individual tap so making the water flow, it would appear that the switch or wiring to that tap has failed, you are operating the pump from the switch on the other tap you are opening.

It sounds rather like you have a system where the pump is operated by microswitches on the tap, and those on the kitchen tap are not functioning.

Opening that tap will not cause the pump to cut in, but opening the other tap, where the microswitch works, completes the circuit and thus water flows from both.

Can you confirm whether it is microswitched or pressure-sensed, or let us know which 'van, as someone will no doubt be able to confirm?

sueb - 2011-03-31 5:26 PM

Thank you for that - is there an easy fix - I'm not very technical but can follow detailed instructions!

I'm not certain ,but would guess that the switch,[ if that is the problem ] is integral to the tap and will mean a new tap, someone will know for sure, hang on.

vindiboy - 2011-03-31 5:34 PM

sueb - 2011-03-31 5:26 PM

Thank you for that - is there an easy fix - I'm not very technical but can follow detailed instructions!

I'm not certain ,but would guess that the switch,[ if that is the problem ] is integral to the tap and will mean a new tap, someone will know for sure, hang on.
There will be a connector [electrical ] on the wires coming from the tap, if you can get at this try shorting the wires and the pump should run, you will know that it is the switch for sure then, that is what I would do anyway.

Archived