GPS on Google Maps

vindiboy

Assuming you mean Google Earth, start the prog then zoom in to where you want to look at, or use the "fly to" facility, move your cursor to a point on the map and the location coords is shown on the bottom line of the screen.

I have just done it and it works for me ok. Good luck

tonyg3nwl

Click on "New" at the top of the window that will take you to a list of add ons there 2 to choose from you can use both at the same time just enable the ones you want.

LatLng Tool Tip - this give Lat Long on the cursor when you hold the shift ket

LatLng Marker - this alows you to drop the Lat Long on the map from the right click menu.

When using Google maps. Zoom in to the place you are/want to be then right click with your mouse, this gives you a drop down menu with the following.

Directions from here

Directions to here

Zoom in

Zoom out

Centre map here

Whats here?

If you click on 'whats here?' google will give you a green down facing arrow if you hover your mouse over that green arrow you will be given the GPS co-ordinates. The co-ordinates will also appear in the search box.

HTH

Steve

tonyg3nwl - 2011-04-01 4:54 PM

Assuming you mean Google Earth, start the prog then zoom in to where you want to look at, or use the "fly to" facility, move your cursor to a point on the map and the location coords is shown on the bottom line of the screen.

I have just done it and it works for me ok. Good luck

tonyg3nwl

No I did mean Google Maps, I have just downloaded and instaled Google Earth and tried it as per you instructions and it worked, thank you for that, I have had further advice from others on how to do it on Google Maps and now know how, what a helpful lot you are many thanks Malc.

Archived