The Mcanns cash in

crocket

While I feel sorry for the loss of thier stollen daughter (purely through thier negligence ) it annoys us that the pair of them do not feel it was thier fault in the first place! We have had holidays similar to the one in Portugal but NEVER left our children on thier own like they did (apparantly often) I think they were lucky not to have been had for negligence. New book .....what next for these "professional people"

As you say first and foremost the loss of a child like that is horrendous . I agree that I would never of dreamed of leaving my children for a moment in the same situation and I do admit that I feel they were very irresponsible especially for two so called intelligent loving parents . Personally I could never ever want to financially benefit from anything to do with the case if I were them , I hope that any profit goes into the Maddie fund and they eventually find some closure to this sad case

Is there anything that isnt gossiped about on here :-S how the h-ll do you know the circumstances of what happened (oh yes the press) dont you think that this young couple havent chastised themselves for leaving their children while they had a meal! how many of us with children have at some time relaxed our guard when relaxing on holiday! the children were asleep and they were supposidly in ear shot!! their but for the grace of God Go I , you should be saying if you were honest.

If they are writing a book it is probably to raise funds for their continued search for their daughter and I for one wish them all the luck in the world.

p.s. A mother of 4 grown up well cared for adult now! children who Im sure made many slip ups when bringing up my children but thank God I never had the misfortune to lose one through one of my mistakes WE ARE ONLY HUMAN and evidently not as PERFECT as you that critisize this poor young couple.

:-S

maggyd - 2011-04-01 9:43 PM

Is there anything that isnt gossiped about on here :-S how the h-ll do you know the circumstances of what happened (oh yes the press) dont you think that this young couple havent chastised themselves for leaving their children while they had a meal! how many of us with children have at some time relaxed our guard when relaxing on holiday! the children were asleep and they were supposidly in ear shot!! their but for the grace of God Go I , you should be saying if you were honest.

If they are writing a book it is probably to raise funds for their continued search for their daughter and I for one wish them all the luck in the world.

p.s. A mother of 4 grown up well cared for adult now! children who Im sure made many slip ups when bringing up my children but thank God I never had the misfortune to lose one through one of my mistakes WE ARE ONLY HUMAN and evidently not as PERFECT as you that critisize this poor young couple.

:-S[/quote

I would imagine we all know the ins and outs of the case due to the massive TV and press coverage . Nobody wishes this kind of thing on any family but the truth is that the Mcanns did make a mistake that night and even if the abduction had not taken place I would ask what are they doing leaving 3 children alone for an hour at a time in a strange apartment where they could have woken and wandered , touched , pulled , grabbed or eaten anything . If I am on holiday with young family then we eat together and I do not leave them . As for losing there daughter my heart bleeds for them and hope there is some form of ending for them

We all do our best with our children, and I have no doubt that this young couple are exemplery parents , they made a mistake and are paying the highest price that anyone could heap on them. The point was that some-one is trying to say they are making money out of their loss!! HOW DARE THEY >:-( make such acusations without any proof of what or why these people are doing this!! Do YOU imagine it is an easy task? this couple have set up an early detection and stop proceedure at all borders and have liased with other people in their position so they get more support than they did !! all this costs money as does their ongoing search.

I have no doubt you are good parent, you dont get any accolades in life for doing what comes natrually and caring for your children! but you dont have the right to judge and condemn them ! we are entitled to our opinions but we are not entitled to throw mud at people unless you know all the facts, or air our opinions in print.

I for one am not meaning to sound as I am judging anyone , I am not qualified enough in anything to do that , as I said before I feel leaving young children like that in an alien environment wrong . I say again I feel totally for them as parents , but the truth is like it or not had they not left them to go for there meal with friends then ..

And this is a Forum, definition below if required, source Wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum

This thread doesn't appear, (at least to me), to break the rules to which we all agree to when joining this Forum.

Some subjects, particularly one where Children and their loss/abuse are discussed will inevitably raise temperatures.

But that doesn't mean that views shouldn't be aired.

If folk choose to post untruths, utter nonesense etc etc, (for whatever reason), Warners will decide what is and is not appropriate.

I've seen quite a few "self appointed Moderator" posts on this Forum, and in my humble opinion, they read quite ridiculous.

Martyn

MaggyD: "We all do our best with our children, and I have no doubt that this young couple are exemplery parents........."

Maggy, sorry to disagree with you on this, but that patently is NOT true.

They were NOT exemplary parents; in fact they were the complete opposite.

We need to be clear on what they actually did; and not be duped by all their weasel-words since.

Depending on which version of events you choose to believe, they were with respect to their daughter, at best: guilty of being criminally negligent and guilty of consistently perverting the course of justice; and at worst: guilty of manslaughter and then consistently perverting the course of justice.

That behaviour is, I suggest, the utter antithesis of "exemplary parents".

From their daughters viewpoint, they proved in practice to actually be the parents from Hell.

Thats what I tried to say but not very well,thank you maggyd, I cannot imagine what they have gone through and in my opinion to call them is not a nice thing to do shame on you!

jhorsf - 2011-04-03 6:17 PM

Thats what I tried to say but not very well,thank you maggyd, I cannot imagine what they have gone through and in my opinion to call them is not a nice thing to do shame on you!

your opinion and dont condemn those that live in the real world

The loss of one's child is something that most of you (thankfully) will never have to suffer.  Whilst I agree that the children shouldn't have been left alone, no matter how frequently they were checked on, no parent deserves this ultimate punishment.  Not only do they have to live with their loss, they have no closure point (funeral) from which to rebuild their's and their other children's lives.

If the way that they are able to carry on with life is to search for their daughter, then I do not begrudge them any funds from a book.

Do not judge them please, non of us is perfect but few of us are punished quite so harshly for our failings.

Some of us have been living in this Real World for a lot longer than a few of you :-S but it never ceases to astound me at the Nastiness of some people! I always was of the opinion that it was Women that could have the poisonous tongues >:-( How wrong I was !! since coming on this board I have had my eyes opened to the Self Opinionated people that think they can say what they want About Who they want and nobody will pull them up.

Let those of you who are without sin caste the first stone !! but of course if you, and you know who you are had an ounce of compasion you would never write this kind of poison. :-(

And that is my last word on this subject.

maggyd - 2011-04-03 9:35 PM

Some of us have been living in this Real World for a lot longer than a few of you :-S but it never ceases to astound me at the Nastiness of some people! I always was of the opinion that it was Women that could have the poisonous tongues >:-( How wrong I was !! since coming on this board I have had my eyes opened to the Self Opinionated people that think they can say what they want About Who they want and nobody will pull them up.

Let those of you who are without sin caste the first stone !! but of course if you, and you know who you are had an ounce of compasion you would never write this kind of poison. :-(

And that is my last word on this subject.

I think your original thoughts on women with poisonous tongues was correct . Your opinion is one side and mine another , thats the beauty of living in the free world . Dont be silly enough to insinuate anybody who does not agree with your view of the Mcanns does not feel for them and the loss they have suffered . As I said before in my opinion the children should not have been left alone . I wonder if the Mcanns had not been the " respectable " couple they are but had been an unemployed couple in Benidorm on holiday and had gone for a burger and left there kids to the same scenario would you be as forgiving . The truth is due to there negligence and selfishness a young girl has ended up living through god knows what horrors and may continue to do so

Guest pelmetman

I think any parent can make a misstake *-)

My own mum went to the shops with me in the pram, and came home :D ..........................When my Dad asked where I was she realised she left me parked outside Woolies 8-)

Unfortunatly I was still there when she and Dad run back (lol) (lol)

Guest peter
Perhaps she was hoping your dad wouldn't notice, but lucky for you he was just delivering the milk as she arrived home alone. (lol)

Archived