insurance

kevin hawkins

can anyone recommend a good reasonable priced insurance company i have just got my renewal its over £500 for a 1991 ford transit autosleeper and i only do 2000miles a year its locked up in a garage im over 60 with a clean licence living in the north surely insurance hasnt gone up so much? any help much apprreciated

kevin :-(

Guest peter
We use Safeguard as they are very good and reasonable rates our Burstner Marano was £298 and includes breakdown and european travel. The is also Comfort as well.

Hi Kevin

A selection of Insurers websites (in no particular order):-

www.sureterm.com

www.adrianflux.co.uk

www.motorhomedirectinsurance.co.uk

www.coversure.co.uk

www.comfortinsurance.co.uk

www.nfumutual.co.uk

www.caravanwise.co.uk

www.shieldtotalinsurance.co.uk

www.towergatebakers.co.uk

www.whittleseyinsurance.co.uk

www.clubcareinsurance.co.uk (C&CC)

www.campton.co.uk

www.footmanjames.co.uk

www.crusaderinsurance.co.uk

www.scenicinsurance.co.uk

www.caravanclub.co.uk

I wonder if it would be classed as a 'classic' now so you can take advantage of the classic camper insurance which tends to be cheaper and also has an agreed value for your van (not what the insurers thing it's worth) - might be worth contacting the Classic Camper club to find out.

Caravan Club renewal has just come in at £270 for a £55, 000 Rapido. 2009 vintage.

Usual stuff, two over 60's drivers, no claims or convictions (thats tempting fate !!) and usual sort of excesses, milage limited to 5000 per year. (Does us two trips to south of France)

Rgds

Have been using CIS but they declined to insurure new van "computer says not there" .

Got a good quote from Saga, Caravangaurd where £50 more and I had forgot to include 'naughty girl' with her speeding tickets, so would have been a fair bit more.

kevin hawkins - 2011-04-01 11:18 PM

can anyone recommend a good reasonable priced insurance company i have just got my renewal its over £500 for a 1991 ford transit autosleeper and i only do 2000miles a year its locked up in a garage im over 60 with a clean licence living in the north surely insurance hasnt gone up so much? any help much apprreciated

kevin :-(

Comfort, under £300 including european breakdown. We have clean history and live in a rural area. Saga a close second but just over £300. Still looking though as not required until early May.

tonyishuk - 2011-04-06 5:56 PM

Caravan Club renewal has just come in at £270 for a £55, 000 Rapido. 2009 vintage.

Usual stuff, two over 60's drivers, no claims or convictions (thats tempting fate !!) and usual sort of excesses, milage limited to 5000 per year. (Does us two trips to south of France)

Rgds

We're with Comfort at the moment but rang Caravan Club for a quote, similar to you: Rapido £55,000, but 2008 vintage, 1 driver over 50, other over 60, mileage 8000 (a bit more than you) and the quote was £454!

I realise that no 2 quotes can be the same, postcode plays a bit part of course, but we don't live in a high risk area, but that seems quite a big difference.

Do you have a tracker fitted? We don't, perhaps that is part of it. And where do you store it? Ours is parked on the driveway at home. Also ours is A class on a Merc, whereas yours, I see, is a low profile on a Fiat. Would that make a difference, even though value is the same? Just interested.

Ina.

Mel B - 2011-04-02 11:48 AM

I wonder if it would be classed as a 'classic' now so you can take advantage of the classic camper insurance which tends to be cheaper and also has an agreed value for your van (not what the insurers thing it's worth) - might be worth contacting the Classic Camper club to find out.

I had this type of insurance on my 22 year old autosleeper talisman, i got it through Adrian Flux,

£8500 worth of cover for £189. in 2009. for Agreed cover all you have to do is send a set of exterior/interior pictures. give them a try.

£500 pounds for your Van, sounds like a 'con' to me. Ray

Archived