Elektroblock power supply unit

Keff

I am looking for any old and broken Elektroblock power supply unit I know most will have had theirs repaired but I want to understand them more with a view to repair them in the future if you email me I will pay for the postage also any old zig units that have stopped working.

I know this may seem a strange request but find it hard to believe that you have to send them back to Germany to be repaired they are basically a charger and power distribution unit. and not even solid-state,

thanks Keff

The charger in the Elektorblock is a HF switched mode power supply using FETs for the switching. Failure of these units frequently results in FETS going short circuit and holes getting burnt in PCBs.

If you want to tackle these then pethaps Dave Newell may have some.

www.davenewell.co.uk

Good luck

C.

Thanks for the comments guys, I have found an electronics engineer who repaired my elecroblock (2 small transistors £1.19p each ) he not interested in repairing them but said he would teach me to do the repairs and to understand them more. he also built me a voltage stabiliser when I showed him the prices he could not believe people would pay that much for basic electronics. I said put motorhome or caravan in front of anything and the price goes up

I would still like any old units anyone has to gain the knowledge

Thanks again keff

Archived