MMM Motorhome Testing

Smick

Rosbotham - 2011-04-08 8:43 PMI do sometimes wonder whether motorhome reviewers come from some kind of lilliputian world. Take Rachel Stothert's review of the compact Burstner Ixeo Time this month. Nice van, and apparently is tardis-like. However, little criticism of the fact that the roof height in the lounge is 5ft 8.5 inch. And no mention at all (outside the specs at the back) that the principal drop-down "double" narrows to 4ft, and the one made up in the lounge - described as a double! - narrows from 3ft 4 inch to 1ft 7inch. P-lease...

But, to be fair, the information is there. One has but to read - albeit sometimes between the lines.

jhorsf - 2011-04-10 10:53 PM

You cannot rely on a test that is done by a mag when the product is an advertiser that pays the mag, do you think they will tell you they think its rubbish?Its the ads that pay the wages.

I thought that the 'cover price' covered 'some of it' , or I wouldn't bother reading it , I'd just read the manufacturers sales litrature (mostly lies).

The 'expose' of the X250 reverse Judder must have upset a few advertisers then ?? without MMM I Might have been a 'Sufferer' . But Thankfully it was Andy Stothert's X250 panel van conversion that destroyed two gearboxes and a Clutch. AND he told us about it. In his usual 'No Punches pulled' manner. The Day That MMM stops publishing this kind of valuable information to it's readers is the day I will stop reading it or buying it. Ray 8-)

Keith,i fully agree with your comments about compacts.Reviewers describe 6m vans as compact and fitting in normal car park spaces,yet i have a short wheel base transit under 5mts wich just fits in,even this overhangs with our bikes on the back!

Baz :-D

Archived