Euramobil Payloads and questions

Barryd999

Hi

At some stage I will be changing my trusty Kontiki 640.

I have been researching Euramobil vans and in Particular the Activa 770 and possibly an Integra 810. They seem thin on the ground but so does a decent used Kontiki.

I gather they are a quality van and may even be Barry proof. What I need to know is the payload that will be available. I will of course want to fit a scooter rack and quite possibly a new heavier scooter on the back. Its an Alko Chassis so I am guessing Armitage Trailers will be able to fit the same rack that they did on the Kontiki. Even though its a tag axles there is quite a long overhang which makes a big difference on the calculations for the rack.

So questions are. What is the available user payload of both of these vans

Are they as good as they are cracked up to be

Are they difficult to get bits for or serviced.

Anything I need to be wary about.

There are only 3 770's for sale on Ebay and no 810's. None of them are near to me for a look round. Im in no hurry but at last it does look like I might have found a replacement for the Kontiki should a good one near to me come up.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Euramobil-activa-770-hs-6-7-berth-tag-axle-motorhome-/270635176240?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item3f031d1130

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2005-Euramobil-Activa-770-Motorhome-/270729421040?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item3f08bb20f0

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Used-Motorhome-Eura-Mobil-Activa-770HS-/170613593071?pt=UK_Campers_Caravans_Motorhomes&hash=item27b95cd3ef

I have a Euramobil 810HS. I suspect that any info you get from a EM owner will be biassed in favour of their pride and joy including me so take my following comments with that in mind.

We love the EM integra. The build quality is superb with so much room on the TAG axle. Either A class or coachbuilt. The double floor is really well insulated with all heating ducts run in that area. The water tanks and all piping are also run in that heated area. Almost the whole length of the underfloor is storeage with numerous locker doors. There is a secondary heat exchanger off the engine heating to heat the habitation area while moving. Also EM have what they call 'Isoair' cooling system, This is not air con but draws cool filtered air from under the van and blows it out at high level.

There are two TRuma heaters, one in the hab area and another in the cab.

As far as maintenance is concerned there have been a few queries. There are apparantely two EM agents in the UK but I believe neither will deal with vehicles they have not sold. There is another who will supply parts I am told by EM but I forget who it is. However, there are plenty of other motorhome dealers who are quite happy to carry out work. In any event if you think about the equipment that is likely to go wrong most of it is standard. eg Truma heating, Dometic fridge, Thetford toilet, Cbe electrics (these are an Italian firm Marcle leisure sell their stuff as do CAK Tanks.

The base vehicle is Fiat and the Chassis Al-Ko. So all that should be easily obtainable.

The payload on mine is about 1000Kg,s but I have never got anywhere near using it. (5000 KG max)

E bay also have an Integra listed item no 220759031687

Elite Motorhomes at Banbury have one listed.

Any other info please feel free to ask or PM me

Dave

PS Southdowns motorhomes have one that is sold but do have alot of pictures of it on the website that may interest you (about 25 I think.)

www.edenmotorhomes.co.uk down here in Cornwall have a Activa 770 HS for sale. I know its a long way but the pictures on the website might help.

Thanks very much for the detailed reply. I have posted this on all the forums as I suspect owners will be few and far between.

It sounds superb. I cant beleive I havent come across these vans before. I basically need the same layout as the Kontiki, front dinette and rear lounge with enough payload for a rack and bike. Im not sure the newer Kontikis are up to it and for some reason they took the dinette out and now have two lounges! Payload is questionable as well.

1000KG! That should be more than enough. I wonder if the 770 is the same? I like the idea of a coachbuilt with over cab bed as we store stuff up there but having said that if the 810 has masses of storage underneath? Do you think you could get a folding mountain bike under there or even a full size bike?

The issue we have with a scooter on the back is there is nowhere to put a conventional push bike (on our current van).

Thanks again

Barry

Guest JudgeMental
My Euramobil Profila is being Px'ed this weekend for a new van, while a smaller model then yours I found the website (German) information reliable and ended up with a little more payload then on the published figures. The only reservation I would have is they have no dealer presence in the UK now, as both Oaktree and Cranham lost the franchise...... Not a worry to me as I dealt exclusively with an excellent Belgian dealer.

I think the 770 is the same from the cab back. At least the one I looked at down here is the same as mine apart from the cab style not being A class

The rear lounge ones are a bit difficult to find. The ones with the raised rear bed have a garage for bikes etc. The rear lounge does have lockers both sides but not sure if the access would be big enough for a bike. I will have to measure (I don,t have bikes)

Generally I think the layouts of the 770 and integra are similar with the exception of the cab and overcab bed. The Integra has a drop down whilst as you know the coachbuilt has an overcab bed.

Dave

Guest JudgeMental
if you look at german site it has all the plans for all the models. the layouts are more or less identical across the range? so a 660 Profila will be similar to a 660 terrestra etc......

Great info thanks everyone.

The FACTS database link is a real help. Been a member for ages and didnt know it was there!

I saw the two on Ebay but they dont have a rear lounge which I would prefer.

Im not in any hurry but it would be nice to narrow down the choices and when the right van comes up go for it.

Cheers

Barry

We have a Euramobil Activa 635. It's the smaller version of the one you're looking at, I think, rear lounge but we have no dinette. Our payload is very poor, but as the total weight includes 75kilos for the driver and 126 litres of fresh water and 90 litres of waste water (90% of the water tanks). It also include 90% fuel. We never carry much waste water, preferring to dump it at the last camp site or aire, and don't usually drive with more than 40% water, we get by very well.

Ours is a 2002 Fiat based vehicle and we have gripes only about the Fiat bit and the Electrolux fridge. The Euramobil part is luxorious. Will only sell it when the fiat bit drives us mad.

Perhaps not directly relevant, but I cannot let the opportunity pass to also praise the Euramobil brand.

About 4 years ago we had an old (1992) Euramobil overcab motorhome, on a Peugeot J5 2.5 litre diesel chassis-cab base.

Old of course, but damn well put together; and everything still worked perfectly.

Absolutely superb piece of kit.

Only sold it because we wanted something bigger for longer term chugging trips.

Minstrel - 2011-04-07 10:22 PM We have a Euramobil Activa 635. It's the smaller version of the one you're looking at, I think, rear lounge but we have no dinette. Our payload is very poor, but as the total weight includes 75kilos for the driver and 126 litres of fresh water and 90 litres of waste water (90% of the water tanks). It also include 90% fuel. ...................

Have you weighed your laden van?  You appear to be quoting the manufacturer's data in preference to actual weights.  This can be misleading, especially when options/extras (that do not figure in the published weights) are taken into account. 

However, I am 95% certain you will find the quoted weights are with the waste water tank (and the toilet cassette) empty.  The fresh water and fuel tanks will be taken at 90%, as will the (almost certainly single, aluminium, 11kg) gas reserve.  Do be aware of the weight difference between UK 13kg steel cylinders and German aly ones.  The quoted weights are the gas only, the cylinders themselves are an additional load.  If you have not yet visited a weighbridge and checked actual laden weight, and individual axle weights, it would be wise to do so.

Archived