Help!!!!!

Randonneur

Does anyone have a Schaudt LT500 Control and Switch Panel? We need some help.

The charge light on the leisure battery keeps lighting up red even though we have driven about 800 miles in the last 2 days. New leisure battery 2 weeks ago when we picked the van up, tested and it is ok.

Buy a test meter (about £6) from either Maplins or B&Q and read the manual,. Then check the actual battery voltage yourself. It should be over 12.7 volts. There are various other threads, recently, that will give far better guides to the voltage you need on a Leisure battery but first of all check the voltage directly on the battery itself. Don't rely on flashing lights.

Check to see if your leisure battery has a separate fuse fited. On one of my previous vans which I bought new, I took it over to France on its maiden voyage and had a similar problem to yours'. I called the dealer in the UK who told me where the fuse was (on top of the leisure battery), I changed it and hey presto everything worked again. Worth a try ;-)

Big Momma - 2011-04-07 11:04 PM

Check to see if your leisure battery has a separate fuse fited. On one of my previous vans which I bought new, I took it over to France on its maiden voyage and had a similar problem to yours'. I called the dealer in the UK who told me where the fuse was (on top of the leisure battery), I changed it and hey presto everything worked again. Worth a try ;-)

Thanks for that, will check the fuse.

when we check the control panel for the leisure battery we get 2 yellow LEDs, 3 green (50% 75% 100%), and 2 red (0 and 0.3 amps). We have read the piece in the manual, over and over, and still don't understand if the battery is keeping its charge.

Archived